Sprout Social is looking for a seasoned Product Designer to join the intersection of our Product organization and the creative universe at Sprout. There are several disciplines across our group; from defining brand standards, to developing stories expressed through video and motion, to creating delightful experiences for our customers through the art of Product Design. We're a tight knit group that proudly does 100% of our work in-house, right here in our downtown Chicago headquarters. Our brand is trusted and used by more than 20,000 companies around the world including Dropbox, Zendesk, Fender, Zipcar and Evernote.
We are looking for a Product Designer who will work between Design and Product teams to research and deliver solutions for the Sprout Social Inbox. Customers ranging from Fortune 500 companies to not-for-profit institutions rely every day on the Inbox to provide customer service and to promote brand advocacy on social media. Step up to the challenge of taking ownership of web and mobile design in an environment where your ideas are heard and you can make a difference. You’ll be working across engineering, product, design and other teams, all of whom are committed to the success of our products.
- Assist the Product team with defining scope and choosing the best approach to iteratively improve the product
- Conduct research to help define customer problems that aren’t always clear
- Use customer usage data, product feedback, recorded user sessions and an evolving set of resources to influence design decisions and feature requirements. However, you also must be comfortable using your intuition when all of the tools in the world don’t provide a clear-cut answer.
- Express ideas and product enhancements through sketches, user flows, wireframes, prototypes, and any means necessary to clearly articulate a thorough plan.
- Capable of taking ownership of design, from concept-to-reality. This includes generating detailed specifications and taking an active, hands-on Design role throughout the entire process.
- Occasionally write clear, concise copy to communicate to users through the app.
- Champion new UX patterns and UI components when necessary to improve the customer experience.
Desired Skills & Experience
- 3+ years of experience of web application design and/or native mobile app design
- Strong UX design sensibilities, with a portfolio showcasing artifacts of a user-centered design approach, such as research results, wireframes, storyboards, flow diagrams, and prototypes.
- Designing experiences that are delightful is a priority to you and you have high standards for usability, including adaptive technologies such as screen readers.
- You are a systematic thinker when it comes to Design. You’re always thinking about the relationships between your design elements and how they impact the existing and the whole.
- You can acknowledge and respect technology constraints but have an understanding that allows you to push back when necessary.
- You are a collaborative designer, and you’re comfortable including and encouraging non-designers to participate in the process as peers.
- You can explain the design choices you make in terms of benefits to our users. You can stand at a podium and explain those choices to a room full of product managers or engineers.
- You are truly a team player, enjoy collaborating with others and you’re not afraid to take charge when design leadership is needed.
- You work hard, you’re motivated by owning your work and require minimal supervision.
- Experience creating interactive prototypes with AxureRP preferred. Sketch, Invision, Atomic, and Adobe Creative Cloud experience a plus.
- Experience creating tests through UserTesting.com or similar preferred.
An online portfolio that showcases recent work is required. Applications missing this requirement will not be considered. No exceptions.
Sprout Social powers open communication between individuals, brands and communities through elegant, sophisticated software. We are relentless about solving hard problems for our customers and committed to both customer and team success.
Team Sprout is a group of very talented, smart and passionate people with broad interests and backgrounds. We believe that true employee engagement cannot happen if you can’t bring your whole self to work, so we’re committed to building a diverse team, embracing an inclusive culture and investing in equity across our organization. That dedication is core to Sprout. We want all candidates, particularly those coming from traditionally underrepresented groups in the technology industry, to know they are welcome at Sprout.
We’re proud to regularly be recognized for software, product and company culture achievements. Our team’s shared belief in Sprout’s mission promotes a culture of openness, empowerment and fun. We have built a benefits program to match the strength of our team. This program includes:
- Insurance and benefit options that are built for both individuals and families, including generous company contributions
- Progressive benefit programs, like our parental leave program and free Divvy bike memberships
- High-quality and well-maintained equipment - your computer will never prevent you from doing your best
- Beautiful, convenient and state-of-the-art offices in Chicago’s Loop
- Solid programs in some of the staples: transportation, disability and life insurance
- Wellness initiatives to ensure both health and financial well-being of our team
- Breakfast and lunch options onsite, and more healthy snack options and beverages than you can imagine
- Growing corporate social responsibility program that is driven by the involvement and passion of our team members
Sprout Social is an equal opportunity employer. Anyone seeking employment here is considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex (including sexual identity), age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, veteran or military status, unfavorable discharge from military service, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, order of protection status, citizenship status, arrest record or expunged or sealed convictions, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, Illinois, or local law. We value the things that make us different and want to see how you can make our team better!