Product design at SwipeSense:
The Product Design team at SwipeSense plays a key role in ensuring that the right problems are solved in the right way, based on real insights and data. Our process is fundamentally human-centered, relying on regular and frequent input from our users and customers. The Product Design team at SwipeSense is the definitive owner of our user experience across all touchpoints and is responsible for creating interactions that consistently delight our users.
We believe that good design is one of our core business differentiators and is critical to our mission of making healthcare safe, efficient and predictable.
Who we need:
We are looking for a seasoned product designer with deep visual design skills to lead the concepting and refinement of our digital products. You will collaborate across disciplines and lead design efforts in all stages of product design including user research and synthesis, UX, UI, brand direction and interaction design
Product designers at SwipeSense are the owners of the entire user experience for new products and features. Product Designers collaborate with Product Managers in the user research and discovery process and are responsible for going from low-fidelity mock-ups, to high-fidelity design specifications and assets for the engineering team to execute on.
- Ideate and prototype approaches in both brand and product design to define what SwipeSense can be for a connected hospital.
- Track record of prototyping and launching impactful v1 products from concept to delivery
- Collaborate with product manager on user and field research to understand user needs and requirements.
- Integrate user stories, field findings, customer and business requirements into distilled scenarios and tasks.
- Create and iterate on low-fidelity mock-ups to rapidly evaluate concepts.
- Responsible for qualitative and quantitative testing of designs to drive selections and improvements.
- Determine information architecture and flow diagrams for products and features.
- Create interface specifications and documentation to effectively guide implementation, including high-fidelity prototypes and production assets.
- Collaborate and pair with engineering team through design implementation.
- Define visual identities and direction for SwipeSense products.
- Engage internal and external stakeholders for feedback and validation.
- Responsible for company design language, and applying it to products and features, as well as to critical product marketing projects.
- Be the voice of our customers, deeply understanding the problems we are solving for our customers and how our solutions meet those needs.
- MFA or BA in Graphic Design, Interaction Design, Human-Computer Interaction, or related field. Self-taught candidates must have extensive experience and work samples.
- Significant experience with data visualization and interface design.
- Portfolio demonstrating research, user experience, UI and visual design skills, with particular depth in one area.
- Experience with human or user centered design process.
- Expert with design software for creating mock-ups, wire frames, prototypes and production assets.
- Understanding of the web development process, and experience collaborating with developers, including creating clear specifications.
- Track record of prototyping and launching impactful v1 products from concept to delivery.
- Self-motivated, proactive and independent
Please note: position is full-time, at our Chicago headquarters. Must be local or willing to relocate. SwipeSense offers competitive compensation, stock options and excellent medical and dental benefits. M/F/D/V.