Product Designer at NowPow
The New Product Development Department manages the company’s entire product line with the vision of delivering elegant, intuitive, and game-changing products. At a high level, the NPD department uses their understanding of stakeholders and market knowledge to predict the direction of the product suite and create new functionality to meet user needs.
Position Title: Product Designer
Reports to: Cindy Nguyen, Head of New Product Development
Collaborates with: New Product Development department, Technology Department, Customer Success Department, Implementation Department, Service Information Department, Analytics Department, potential customers and current users, and various NowPow staff.
The Product Designer plays an essential role in the development and continuous improvement of NowPow products. At NowPow, the Product Designer creates end-to-end user experiences from conducting user research to rapid prototyping and working with product managers and engineers to define business requirements of new functionality.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Understand user base by owning knowledge of the users, customers, and market
- Conduct appropriate user research and analysis methods to answer research questions
- Design end-to-end experiences and iterative design techniques including observational studies, customer interviews, usability testing, and other forms of qualitative and quantitative research to uncover insights and learn about user behavior and verify design concepts
- Help produce user experience concepts, including the definition of customer needs, task analysis, and the creation of personas, scenarios, user flows and use cases
- Create rapid iterations of design prototypes that can be frequently tested and validated with users
- Create high quality design materials including wireframes, mock-ups, live style guides, and design assets
- Contribute to and promote on-going enhancement of the UX design methodologies
- Organize and lead user testing sessions to gather feedback on prototypes for new functionality
- Collaborate across multiple teams to ensure that design specifications are implemented
- Assist with product roadmap development, communication, and maintenance.
- BA/BS required
- 1-2 years of relevant experience on a product team
- Experience working in an agile software environment a plus
- Solid understanding of the user-centered design process and UX trends and methodologies
- Experience with rapid prototyping and working knowledge of design and prototyping tools, such as Illustrator, Sketch, and InVision
- Experience guiding product decisions through user research and iterative feedback loops
- Creative thinker who enjoys finding new ways to solve problems and meet challenges
- Quick learner with a commitment to quality who is comfortable navigating ambiguity in a start-up environment
- Strong communication skills which allow one to present and explain design decisions to team, users and stakeholders and to advocate on behalf of our users
- Demonstrated passion for social entrepreneurship or leveraging technology to address social challenges