Who We Are:
We believe a workplace food program is something employees should love and look forward to every day. Powered by technology and a network of over 1,000 restaurants and 800+ clients, Fooda feeds hungry people at work through our ongoing food programs located within companies and office buildings. Every day, each Fooda location is served by different restaurants that come onsite and serve fresh lunch from their chef’s unique menus. Now with over 30 million meals sold, Fooda operates in nineteen major US cities and plans for continued expansion.
About the Team:
Our engineering team of 33 engineers, PMs and data scientists is building a platform that powers a dynamic marketplace disrupting the way people get their lunch. Alongside our two Product Designers, you will have the opportunity to design a number of different products and tools that fall under the Fooda umbrella. You will have the benefit of designing for multiple types of users with different needs (internal employees, restaurant partners, accounts, and consumers) and for products that fall across native mobile apps, mobile web and desktop. An exciting challenge is to think about how to connect all the pieces into a holistic journey that supports the service Fooda provides. Take an in-depth look at our platform here.
Will you join us?
What You Will Be Responsible For
- Research, conceptualize and produce product designs for native mobile apps, mobile web and desktop web across several distinct user personas
- Take a user-centric view to deeply understand user stories, motivations and the job the user is trying to accomplish
- Collaborate with Product Managers and business stakeholders, turning product briefs into meaningful and impactful designs
- Communicate designs, verbally and visually, to business stakeholders and productively work through feedback
- Work closely with engineering to implement your designs, providing clear documentation and feedback, and QA the final implementation
- Commit to and deliver on project timelines to support the product and engineering roadmap
What You Bring to Fooda
- 2+ years experience designing digital products on a variety of platforms, including web and mobile (iOS and Android)
- Demonstrable experience designing for native mobile and responsive web, with a good understanding of accessibility considerations
- Frequent sketching and ability to quickly prototype an idea; experience with Sketch or Adobe CC
- Holistic understanding of visual design and experience design combined with business acumen
- Understanding of foundational principles in design and user experience, including layout, typography, color theory, information hierarchy
- Design using a consistent design language; lean towards components that are familiar and intuitive
- Uses the devices and products you are crafting for
- Attention to detail, persistence to test and iterate to find the right solution for users
What We'll Hook You Up With
- Competitive market salary and stock options, based on experience
- Comprehensive health, dental and vision plans
- 401k matching
- Paid maternity and parental leave benefits
- Flexible spending accounts
- Laptop and peripherals of your choice
- Daily subsidized lunch program (ours!) and free food and beverages in the office
- A fulfilling, challenging adventure of a work experience
Fooda provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Fooda complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.