Highland Solutions is expanding our team with a Product Designer. We are a highly collaborative organization fostering an environment of social integrity and technical excellence. This position is a fabulous opportunity for an established designer comfortable working with UX and UI to deliver exceptional products! The role is primarily on-site, open to contract, contract to hire or full-time employee, in Chicago’s downtown loop.
The Product Designer is involved with every aspect of product design at Highland. The Product Designer works with both the customer experience and software development practices to create thoughtful, engaging and human-centric solutions. This is a highly social and collaborative role that draws from all potential sources of inspiration and cultivates the creativity in the team.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Create wireframes, prototypes, and production-ready designs that:
- Empathize with user needs
- Satisfy business and client requirements
- Anticipate technical constraints
- Uphold strong design heuristics
- Advocate for design principles and techniques (testing, research, et al)
- Provide expertise in product, UI, and UX design
- Lead and collaborate with clients and the Highland team on inclusive product design practices
- Develop UX flows and architecture
- Familiarity with Jobs To Be Done, Customer Segments, Journeys, and Experience Mapping a plus
Education and Experience Requirements
- 4+ years of proven experience in designing for interactive products
- Bachelor’s degree (or comparable study) in communication, art, and/or design preferred
- Extremely proficient in Sketch, InVision, optimization of web assets, etc.
- Proficient in Adobe Suite
- Working knowledge of HTML, CSS, and JS preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to communicate effectively and confidently with clients
- Ability to work on multiple projects at one time
- Strong analytical capability and attention to detail
- Experience conducting inclusive design sessions for business and user requirements gathering
- Experience presenting and gathering feedback from developers and other stakeholders such as client product owners
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs
- Must be able to talk, listen and speak clearly on telephone
- Salary position based on current market value
- Voluntary participation company health and wellness benefits
- Voluntary participation in the company 401K program
Be curious. The big picture is everyone's responsibility. There is always more to learn, and we want to be generous in teaching what we know.
Be open. We respond to problems with solutions, not blame. Vulnerability, while risky, leads to trust and understanding.
Be transparent. We're accountable to our clients and to each other. Even when things aren't going well. People first. What we make and how we work should make it a little bit better to be alive: for us, our clients, and their customers.
Give a damn. Our client's goals are our goals. We share the passion for the work you do and the impact it can have. We do work we can be proud of: quality is non-negotiable.
We strive to build a diverse workforce through equal opportunity employment that embraces and leverages the differences each individual has to offer. Highlanders encourage everyone to bring their whole self to work each day. We recognize we're all human beings first. With a shared world, a shared future, and 99% shared DNA, we celebrate what unites us along with what makes us unique. Through our myriad of perspectives, backgrounds, identities, and ideas, we are creating richer local and global communities. We look forward to meeting you and welcome the opportunity to grow together.