Product Designer at Built In
Built In unites companies and people around their shared passion for tech and the universal need for purpose. To help our partners attract qualified talent, we create content that tells their story in a way no job post ever could — and we put their jobs in front of people who were born to do them. Our audience of sought-after candidates use Built In to find their professional purpose and connect meaningfully to the tech community, including by reading our content, networking at our events and applying to jobs at companies they believe in.
Headquartered in Chicago, we also serve Los Angeles, Colorado, Austin, New York, Boston Seattle and San Francisco.
When you work for Built In, you have the opportunity to change lives by giving talented people access to purpose, not just a paycheck. And you’ll make an impact on some of the most exciting companies in tech, helping them hire their next wave of elite talent. Be part of Built In, and be part of the future of tech.We’re looking for a Product Designer
Built In Chicago is looking for a new team member with in-depth experience designing for web and mobile devices. Your portfolio should demonstrate the ability to conduct UX strategy and execute visual design throughout the product life cycle: from sketching big picture flows during discovery brainstorms to generating true-to-size screen designs, leading in-person user testing sessions and creating production-ready assets for technical development. If you are someone with a drive to create beautiful designs with the best-possible user experience, who thrives in a fast paced environment - then this is the job for you. You’ll be joining an experienced Product Design team that is setup with proper file management, design asset library, and follows industry standard UX methodologies and process.
- Lead and design elegant, simple, human-centric flows and experiences as we define new product lines and iterate on existing features.
- Partner closely with Product, SEO and Engineering to take conceptual ideas and turn them into functional and discoverable, on-brand product features
- Create and maintain a design system that delivers a consistent and on-brand experience throughout all of our digital products
- Test, interview and conduct remote and in-person usability tests utilizing prototypes
- Participate in on-the-spot sketching sessions and contribute to high-level strategic decisions
- Give and solicit feedback from other designers and developers during weekly critiques and standups
- Ask smart questions, take risks, and champion new ideas to push the evolution of our product
- 4+ years experience designing customer-facing products with a strong emphasis on visual or interaction design
- Bachelor's Degree in Graphic Design, UX or relevant field
- Expertise with Figma, Zeplin and Adobe Creative Suite
- Background or experience with software or web building
- Excellent verbal communication skills and ability to soundly discuss design decisions
- Professional knowledge of user-centered, interaction design and web standards for both maintaining compatibility and using future-forward technologies
- Knowledgeable in HTML, CSS, and front-end frameworks so that you can communicate with engineers.
- You have exceptional design aesthetics with significant experience designing for web and mobile
- You're a collaborator who views the team's success as your success
- Must be a team player, self-motivated, optimistic with a 'can-do' attitude
- You must be legally authorized to work in the US. We cannot sponsor work visas at this time
- Portfolio that showcases a proven record of delivering inventive solutions on time for demanding and complex design problems.
We’re revolutionizing tech recruitment. So we question everything, because the best answers sit just to the right of a question mark. That’s our heritage as a disruptive company — as a company whose future depends on our capacity to innovate with a sense of drive, purpose and urgency. If you join Built In, you will work from this set of values:
- Be Unreasonably Passionate. Our passion is borderline obsessive, and we’re ok with that. No one ever built anything great on a “meh.” We work with outsized passion to fulfill our mission.
- Be Humble. You don’t have all the answers. Luckily, you don’t have to. Don’t worry about being right. Be humble instead.
- Stay Curious. Curiosity is a springboard to the future. It can transform the wisp of an idea into a breakthrough. We ask “what if.” We work with wonder. It’s how we innovate.
- Lead with Solutions. Question everything. But offer solutions as you do. Raise issues. But propose a few answers. For every hole you poke, offer a way to patch it up.
- Own the Result. We have no time for blame or shame. When you stumble, own it, learn from it + get back to business.
- Do More. Do more than your job description. Take initiative. Take charge. No job is beneath you, and no job is too big. Be a leader and do more — do whatever it takes.
Built In is an equal employment opportunity employer and values diversity. Qualified candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.