Built In is a network of online communities that has quickly become the #1 recruitment solution for tech companies. We are a company of entrepreneurs building the largest network of communities for entrepreneurs. By working at Built In you'll have the chance to work directly with the latest, and fastest-growing, technology companies all around the country. We help other companies solve their biggest pain points—talent and awareness with our Employer Branding and Recruitment solutions. We currently operate in seven communities: Chicago, Los Angeles, Colorado, Austin, NYC, Boston, Seattle and are headquartered in Chicago.
Built In Chicago is looking for someone with in-depth experience designing web and mobile friendly applications. Your portfolio should demonstrate the ability to conduct UX strategy and execute visual design throughout the product life cycle: from sketching big picture flows during discovery brainstorms to generating true-to-size screen designs, leading in-person user testing sessions and creating production-ready assets for technical development. If you are someone with a drive to create beautiful designs with the best-possible user experience, who thrives in a fast paced environment - then this is the job for you.
- Lead and design elegant, simple, human-centric flows and experiences as we define new product lines and iterate on existing features.
- Partner closely with Product, SEO and Engineering to take conceptual ideas and turn them into functional and discoverable, on-brand product features
- Create and maintain a design system that delivers a consistent and on-brand experience throughout all of our digital products
- Test, interview and conduct remote and in-person usability tests utilizing prototypes
- Participate in on-the-spot sketching sessions and contribute to high-level strategic decisions
- Give and solicit feedback from other designers and developers during weekly critiques and standups
- Ask smart questions, take risks, and champion new ideas to push the evolution of our product
Skills, Talents, Experience you’ll need:
- 4+ years experience designing customer-facing products with a strong emphasis on visual or interaction design
- Bachelor's Degree in Graphic Design, UX or relevant field
- Expertise with Sketch, Zeplin and Adobe Creative Suite
- Background or experience with software or web building
- Excellent verbal communication skills and ability to soundly discuss design decisions
- Professional knowledge of user-centered, interaction design and web standards for both maintaining compatibility and using future-forward technologies
- Knowledgeable in HTML, CSS, and front-end frameworks so that you can communicate with engineers.
- You have exceptional design aesthetics with significant experience designing for web and mobile
- You're a collaborator who views the team's success as your success
- Must be a team player, self-motivated, optimistic with a 'can-do' attitude
- You must be legally authorized to work in the US. We cannot sponsor work visas at this time
- Portfolio that showcases a proven record of delivering inventive solutions on time for demanding and complex design problems.