From our employee experience to our products, design matters at Sprout Social. We’re looking for Product Designers to join our team as we continue to build beautiful, helpful and easy-to-use software that powers human connection.
As a Product Designer at Sprout Social, you’ll be surrounded by smart, ambitious and caring teammates that want to build great things, together. You’ll own the experience of key areas in our software. From project kickoff to release, you’ll have your hand in the direction of what we make, how we make it and how we tell its story. You’ll put all of your design skills on display. Even better: you’ll learn new ones along the way.
Collaboration and partnership is key for everyone working at Sprout Social. In Product Design, you’ll partner with other designers, engineers, writers, marketers and senior executives. With our feedback-driven culture, you’ll run workshops to get project input while offering helpful advice of your own to others.
As a Product Designer, we’re looking to see you flex your understanding of business, users and use cases in addition to designing UI. We work in modern environments. We’re amped to hear your favorite qualitative research methods. We’re excited to trade tips on Sketch. We can’t wait to see your prototypes in Axure, InVision, Keynote or even code. Hopefully we’ll learn new design practices from you, too!
We’re looking for designers that have passions and skills in these areas:
- Helping users easily journey through onboarding flows
- Telling stories with data visualization
- Scaling design systems
- Implementing rigorous research practices
- Creating elegant reading and writing experiences
As well as designers that have a great track record of:
- Shipping real work into the world
- Communicating openly and authentically
- Collaborating with departments within and outside of Design
- Turning insights into informed user experiences
- Delivering design at a high bar
We’re a proud bunch. Last year alone, our design team was honored as business leaders in design with AIGA Chicago and profiled with organizations like InVision. We’re looking forward to you adding your own influence to all that we do.
- Experience Sprout’s in-depth onboarding, covering everything from our company mission and values, hear directly from executives and founders, to deep training on our products and the value that Sprout delivers to our customers.
- Make a plan with your manager to set initial priorities, align on expectations for your role, plant goalposts for your career, and learn about Sprout’s approach to building products.
- Meet all of the designers on our team, getting a lowdown on our design system, tools and file structures, and learn how Product Design partners with every other organization in the company.
- Get to know everyone within our product organization, start relationships with our Brand Creative team, and form important bonds with your Product Managers and Engineers.
- Learn how Sprout has done things to date, and think about how we make our Product Design team and processes even better going forward!
- Attend product planning, stand-ups and all other productive rituals across the wide range of teams you’ll be a part of.
- Talk to customers, collaborate with your team and begin designing real world work!
- Take advantage of Sprout’s ‘Focus Days’—a day dedicated to no meetings so everyone can focus on the work that we’ve committed to.
- Present your research, insights and design explorations with partners across Design, Engineering and Product Management and executives.
- Influence Product Design team initiatives that help advance our practice and improve our efficiency and effectiveness as a team.
- Share your own tactics, processes, and favorite things about being a maker while geeking out with fellow designers, writers, animators, and editors within the broader Design organization at Sprout.
- Continue career conversations with your manager and make sure you’re working not just toward the goals of the company, but your personal growth goals as well.
- Further your Influence on our design and product strategy as you learn more about our customers and industry.
- Run your own design workshops to bring together engineers, product managers, and other people around the company to collaborate on defining and designing great user experiences.
- Ship work into the world and get real user feedback so that we can continue to make our work even better.
- Get involved in Sprout Design programs and initiatives.
- Have learned a lot about what works and what doesn’t on our team. You’ll help us think through how we make Sprout Design even better for the next year ahead!
About Sprout Social
Sprout Social powers open communication between individuals, brands and communities through elegant, sophisticated software. We are relentless about solving hard problems for our customers and committed to both customer and team success.
Team Sprout is a group of very talented, smart and passionate people with broad interests and backgrounds. We’re proud to regularly be recognized for software, product and company culture achievements. Our team’s shared belief in Sprout’s mission promotes a culture of openness, empowerment and fun. We have built a benefits program to match the strength of our team. This program includes:
- Insurance and benefit options that are built for both individuals and families, including generous company contributions
- Progressive benefit programs, like our parental leave program and free Divvy bike memberships
- High-quality and well-maintained equipment - your computer will never prevent you from doing your best
- Beautiful, convenient and state-of-the-art offices in Chicago’s Loop
- Solid programs in some of the staples: transportation, disability and life insurance
- Wellness initiatives to ensure both health and financial well-being of our team
- Breakfast and lunch options onsite, and more healthy snack options and beverages than you can imagine
- Growing corporate social responsibility program that is driven by the involvement and passion of our team members
Sprout Social is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and an Affirmative Action Employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, marital status, order of protection status, citizenship status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please click here (1) Equal Opportunity Employment Poster (2) Sprout Social's Affirmative Action Statement (3) Pay Transparency Statement.
Additionally, Sprout Social participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law. We value the things that make us different and want to see how you can make our team better!