We are building a company at the intersection of tech and logistics; creating a high achieving, thoughtful, inclusive, and people-centric culture. We're a group of passionate professionals with backgrounds across supply chain, logistics, bots, product, and engineering.
Working together, we are creating a better transportation experience for our Team, Carriers, and Customers. We have a loft space in Fulton Market that is built around collaboration and openness. It is also dog friendly and has a meditation room!
CoLane (formerly Fraight AI) is a workflow automation company disguised as a freight brokerage. We’re automating the $300B Contract Truckload Freight Market with a Human + Machine, tech-enabled services approach.
We're building Archie (our AI bot) to be able to automate 80% of the boring, routine tasks that are critical to the life of a freight broker, allowing our team to deliver quality and consistency while focusing on problems only people can solve.
Our leadership has founded 7 companies (including 5 exits) and CoLane has been recognized by Built-In Chicago as 50 Startups to Watch in 2018, ChicagoInno, and FreightWaves Best in Show.
- Hands-on with design and design strategy
- Constantly look for ways to improve the way products look AND work
- Organized, driven, and excited about designing transportation products of the future
- Resilient, reliable, and optimistic
- Love to collaborate closely with colleagues across all disciplines
- Can clearly and passionately articulate the thinking behind a design
- Are comfortable synthesizing broad and ambiguous business requirements and accomplishing them through design
- Are a native visual language speaker, presenting ideas and concepts in a succinct and thoughtful manner
- Are full of creative ideas and capable of validating them through rapid prototyping and user testing
- Value an iterative design process that includes accepting and acting on feedback and constructive criticism
- Thrive in dynamic, fast-paced environments
About the Role:
As a Product Designer, you will be a part of the Product team and work closely with our Transportation Operations and Engineering teams to define and create the strategy & visual approach for our suite of products. More specifically, you’ll focus on both the UX and visual design of our Transportation Management System (TMS), our AI super-assistant (Archie), and our sourcing platform (TruckRank). These responsibilities include designing user flows, wireframes, and fully designed mockups; building prototypes, and conducting user research and usability testing through a variety of mediums.
We’re looking for someone with a great sense of aesthetic, an intuitive understanding of how to make complex workflows easily understood, an ability to articulate and champion their ideas while also being open to challenging their own assumptions with feedback, a thirst for solving problems, and a keen eye for detail. We also truly value our community here as much as any other aspect of the company and want folks who love contributing to a growing company culture.
You will be joining a passionate team at a fast-paced company with a lot of amazing work ahead of us, so you should be a highly motivated self-starter as well as someone who is deeply curious and excited about the mission of CoLane.
- Work together with our VP of Product to analyze user feedback, app analytics data, and market trends to identify and prioritize product features and improvements
- Research use cases and existing solutions
- Develop and test conceptual diagrams, wireframes, visual mockups, and prototypes
- Design UI mockups and interactions
- Create personas and help write user stories
- Design flows and experiences that are incredibly simple and elegant
- Work with software developers to provide guidance and validate implementation
- Help execute and ship products in a fast-paced and highly fluid environment
- Contribute to strategic decisions, working across the Engineering, Product, and Operations teams
- Quickly solve issues with your other team members
- Define goals and metrics for the sake of data-driven design iterations
- Be the champion of user experience from product conception to launch - as well as post-launch design support
- Clearly articulate design decisions to a range of internal stakeholders
- A deep understanding of and experience with modern UX design concepts and tools, including competitive analysis, user interviews, persona creation and journey mapping
- Working knowledge of front-end development and best practices for design implementation
- Comfort with design and prototyping software like Sketch, the Adobe Creative Suite, Invision, and other tools you love to use.
- Strong presentation and writing skills
- A collaborative spirit and a proven ability to work well with others, building strong partnerships across teams
- Experience turning complex problems into simple and engaging customer experiences
- The ability to communicate interactions rapidly at varying levels of resolution
- Bachelor's degree in Design, HCI, a related subject, or equivalent work experience
- Experience in practicing a user-centered design approach to B2B software products
- A portfolio that shows a strong body of work including outstanding visual and user interface designs demonstrating your skills
- At least 3 years of professional UX/UI design experience
- US work authorization required
- Competitive base salary
- Equity grant, so each person in the company is rewarded and feels a sense of ownership as the company grows
- 401k plan available with a variety of investment options
- CoLane covers 75% of team member’s medical, dental and vision insurance premiums
- Delicious snacks and beverages provided by CoLane
- Weekly team lunches sponsored by CoLane
Family & Vacation
- Paid family leave and flexible work from home upon returning from leave
- Flexible work from home policy
- 9 paid holidays per year
- 5 weeks paid time off per year
- Ventra pre-tax benefit program
- Learning resources (books, subscriptions, etc)
- Solid tools. Fast mac, big monitor, nice headphones
- Monthly team events outside of the office
- Weekly all hands meetings
Commitment to Diversity:
We get it. The demographics of tech companies don’t match up with America. We believe in changing that and we are actively looking for candidates from all backgrounds. We intend to challenge the status quo in tech demographics by introducing innovative recruiting and HR practices that seek out, support, and join individuals from diverse backgrounds
Read Full Job Description