Product Designer at PEAK6
PEAK6 was brought to life by the idea that a strong collaborative process drives success. The passion for that idea powers our firm still, 21 years later. As a Product Designer at PEAK6, you will be integral to building and improving the firm’s design strategy by collaborating with all groups at PEAK6 to advance the firm’s position as an innovative leader in the industry. Working at PEAK6 means that you will be presented with a variety of new possibilities as you continue to enhance your skills.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Working with the Product and Engineering teams to build a powerful and interesting user centered designs for application experiences and reusable systems
- Translating plans into wireframes, mockups, and prototypes that lead to intuitive user experiences.
- Communicating through sketches, wireframes, and prototypes to understandable and actionable high-fidelity designs and design systems
- Developing and presenting flows for user experiences across a variety of new components, apps, and platforms
- Conducting research to inform the overall viability of a new product idea as well as to inform design and user experience approach
You’ll gain loads of experience in this role but before you do, you should have:
- 3+ years in user experience and/or product design
- Experience in designing flows for data-rich workflows
- Experience with expert systems and data-dense software
- A portfolio which demonstrates strong conceptual skills with a diverse range of visual styles
- Ability to work with internal teams to understand agile requirements and design complete user experiences that meet user needs.
- Experience in using design best practices to design solutions, and a deep understanding of responsive design as it related to applications and systems.
All of our team members have these traits. You should, too.
Life at PEAK6
We want you to like coming to work so we work really hard to make your job fun and different from any other.
As a PEAK6 Product Designer you can enjoy:
- Generous medical, vision and dental plans
- Matching 401(k) programs
- Adoption assistance & family leave
- Sabbatical program
- Speakers Series
- Massage days
- Poker tournament with a grand prize of a World Series of Poker buy in
- Sports leagues
- Cornhole tournaments
- Annual PEAK6 Party
- Yoga classes
- Tuition reimbursement
- Lasik eye discount
- Philanthropy events
- Annual wellness screens and flu shots
- Bagel Fridays/expiration lunches
- Birthday gifts
- Charitable matching gift program