Product Experience Designer
project44 is revolutionizing the freight and logistics industry by applying cutting edge technologies to automate the entire lifecycle of freight shipments including quoting, scheduling, and real-time visibility. project44’s network of APIs is capable of optimizing the shipment lifecycle, empowering companies to deliver the best customer experience possible, and provide up to date data while cutting costs along the way.
We’re looking for an experienced Product/UX Designer to bring the passion, work ethic and expertise needed to research and design key product initiatives at a fast-growing tech startup. You will work as a member of a highly motivated team responsible for managing the complete product lifecycle to ensure success in terms of both revenue and the timely release of new products and capabilities.
This is a full-time position that will involve executing user research, designing workflows, wire-framing and working directly with customers and developers. The Product Experience Designer will be become proficient in our growing suite of applications and have a clear understanding of the business processes driving the usage and interaction with the web-based applications.
You will report directly to the Director of Product Experience and work closely with colleagues on the Product and Engineering teams to ensure successful product delivery. You’ll also collaborate with extended team members in Marketing, Sales, Onboarding, Support, and other departments.
- Define and refine user requirements in response to business goals, working with product management, customers and internal stakeholders.
- Actively participate in cross-functional agile teams; representing User Experience, research, and visual design, alongside product management, development and QA. Share delivery accountability with agile teams.
- Create prototypes, process flows, wireframes, and design specifications. Work with Business Analysts and Product Managers in the development of use cases required to document business rules and expected online customer behaviors.
- Facilitate, participate in and analyze user research and user test results. Seek out consumer data and web analytics when developing experience solutions and validate that design via customer touch-points.
Qualifications & Preferred Skills
- 2-5 years of UX and software product design experience, preferably building and releasing technically complex offerings in B2B solutions.
- 2+ years of experience using industry standard design tools
- Experience with all aspects of UX design and an expert at one or more of these aspects, including user research, information architecture, interaction design, usability evaluation, and visual design.
Product discovery research activities
Usability and concept testing
- Experience and understanding of prototyping, visual design, design thinking, wireframing, and interaction design
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States