The New Product Development Department manages the company’s entire product line with the vision of delivering elegant, intuitive, and game-changing products. At a high level, the NPD department uses their understanding of stakeholders and market knowledge to predict the direction of the product suite and their practical and technical skills to translate and communicate these developments to the engineering team, other NowPow departments, and customers.
Position Title: Product Manager
Reports to: Cindy Nguyen, Head of New Product Development
Collaborates with: New Product Development department, Technology Department, Customer Success Department, Implementation Department, Service Information Department, Analytics Department, potential customers and current users, and various NowPow staff.
The Product Manager plays an essential role in the development and continuous improvement of NowPow products. The Product Manager is involved in all parts of the development cycle including working with stakeholders to manage the roadmap, identifying key products and functionality to develop, and launching new technology with our customers. The Product Manager also serves as the go to expert and communication point between the engineering team, all other NowPow teams, and customers and users.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist with product roadmap development, communication, and maintenance.
- Manage analyzing NowPow’s Ideas Portal to identify high potential functionality being suggested
- Work cross functionally across departments to understand and align product efforts throughout the company.
- Facilitate the release planning process by scoping and prioritize release work based on business strategy, customer impact, and technical capabilities.
- Assist in articulating and communicating product vision, competitive advantages, and product positioning.
- Assist in developing business requirements for new functionality and communicate requirements to engineering team. Work closely with engineers to achieve business requirements.
- Creatively design UI mockups of new product features and build wireframes to display ideas and logic.
- Understand user base by owning knowledge of the users, market, and customers.
- Research market and competition by comparing the NowPow’s product suite to competitors' functionality.
- BA/BS required.
- 1-3+ years of relevant experience on a product team.
- Demonstrates a passion for social entrepreneurship or leveraging technology to address social challenges.
- Quick learner with a commitment to quality who is comfortable navigating ambiguity in a start-up environment.
- Excellent analytical, organization, and communication skills. Can present effectively to many different audiences.
- Experience with UI/UX design, Design Thinking, Adobe Creative Cloud suite, and prototyping tools like inVision.
- Proven history of successfully managing and delivering large, cross-functional projects on time and with high quality.
- Experience working on an Agile software teams and creating jointly owned goals and metrics.
- Strong communication and leadership skills that foster cross-team collaboration and alignment of key outcomes and objectives.