Product/User Experience Designer at SteelSeries
SteelSeries is looking for a Product/User Experience Designer to help design world-class gaming software products and digital properties.
What we are looking for:
We are looking for someone who can define the user experience and deliver jaw-droppingly gorgeous user interfaces for desktop gaming clients, websites, and our ecommerce storefront. You'll develop UX/UI wireframes, build prototypes, and deliver the final design assets. You’ll collaborate daily with the Product Managers to put a design to their product strategy, vision, and feature set and work closely with the engineering team to make sure the implementation stays true to the vision.
Ideally, you will have strong experience with:
- Creating brilliantly easy-to-use interfaces for web apps, desktop software, and our store front.
- Defining and managing the entire product definition process: from research and white boarding, to low fidelity designs, prototyping and interactive wireframes, and all the way to creating functional specs and final assets. This is a hands-on role at a rapid growth company.
- Delivering Consumer Packaged Software, full featured web or desktop applications, mobile applications, and/or consumer electronics
- Working with engineers, designers, third parties, and stake holders globally
- Creating functional specs along with wireframes so the developers can make your vision become reality
Our product technology ecosystem is huge – from hardware to firmware, kernel drivers to desktop applications and all the way to web development and mobile applications. Our Product/User Experience Designer will establish a user-centric design approach and promote UX best practices. Put simply, you have the opportunity to define the user experience for our products – products that gamers use and love.
If you were here the last few months you would have:
- Designed the interfaces in SteelSeries Engine (https://steelseries.com/engine) for our recent product launches - the Arctis Pro line, Rival 650 Wireless, and Rival 710.
- Led the UX and UI design efforts of our SteelSeries Engine integration with major upcoming hardware products, starting with high level requirements gathering, dissecting the UX workflow, and delivering interactive wireframes for early software and firmware engineering work.
- Designed a simple and intuitive OLED based menu system for a future product
- Worked with the Product Managers to build out the product roadmap and strategy and work to get buy in from stakeholders.
If you are here the next few months, you will:
- Transition to UI design work for our spring product launches and deliver high fidelity comps, UI guideline docs, and finalize user stories.
- Begin new design concept work on some upcoming major initiatives for our software roadmap.
- Investigate product needs and requirements and begin concept phases for new hardware product initiatives on the roadmap: Every product we release is unique and has a different problem to solve.
- Research and find gaps in our current product experience and recommend items for the backlog.
Ideally, you have:
- An obsession with customer research, psychology and behavior
- An ability to audit and develop compelling user experiences
- A track record of designing and launching products
- A mastery of tools – everything from sketching on paper, to building functional prototypes, and delivering high fidelity assets
- Use the latest industry tools (sketch, Invision, or Framer)
- Strong experience with user testing
- HTML and CSS knowledge or understanding
- An ability to communicate clearly and persuasively with peers and senior management
- An entrepreneurial mindset and bias toward action
- 5+ years of experience as a Product or User Experience Designer
- A Bachelor’s degree in User Experience Design, HCI or related degree is ideal
We offer competitive pay, great benefits and an awesome work place filled with people who love gaming, technology, consumer electronics, and building awesome products.
To apply, you must provide a portfolio of your work.
Sorry, we can’t do any visa sponsorship. If you aren’t legal to work onsite in Chicago we cannot help you at this time.
We want you to bring your whole human self to work every single day. We accept you for who you are and consider everyone on an equal opportunity basis without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.