Remote Senior Product Designer - Contractor at Kin Insurance
Sorry, this job was removed at 5:32 a.m. (CST) on Saturday, February 27, 2021
Notice: Due to the current circumstances of the COVID-19 pandemic, Kin Insurance has shifted to a remote workforce. While we hope to return to the office sometime soon, our priority is to maintain safe and healthy working conditions for our staff. For that reason, we will continue to operate, interview, and hire on a remote basis until further notice.
Insurance exists to change home insurance from what it is to what it should be. We do this by applying data science and analytics to make decisions, automation to reduce redundancies and unnecessary costs, and innovative thinking to change the way customers interact with and get value from their home insurance provider. We do this because we wholeheartedly believe that customers deserve better from their insurance.
Currently four years old, Kin began with the notion that technology could improve our industry, so we started by researching the most important part of our business: the customer. After building our platform from the ground up, we launched the Kin Intern Insurance Network, a customer-owned carrier in Florida. By applying our vision for a data-driven, technology-forward insurance company, we are able to offer customers affordable insurance in a straightforward, simplified approach. In 2020, Kin is continuing to grow in Florida while expanding into other states.
While our approach to home insurance makes us a unique business, the people and culture at Kin are what make us special. We are problem solvers, collaborators, builders, and empathizers who care about one another and have a passion for creating positive change. We each bring a diverse array of experience to Kin that fuels a passion for learning and growth that we foster as a company.
So, what's the role?
Kin is looking for a creative, hands-on and versatile product designer to be a part of our growing design team. You'll be involved in a wide range of activities, from conducting customer research and prototyping design concepts to shipping new product features in collaboration with other designers, product managers, and engineers. You will also contribute by assisting on various customer facing marketing initiatives as needed and help maintain our design system to ensure design quality and consistency across our product development efforts.
A day in the life could include:
- Think holistically about product design from a bird’s eye view and dive in to solve problems at the interaction/pixel level
- Work cross-functionally with colleagues in product management, marketing and technology to understand business and customer needs
- Use data and product analytics to inform design decisions
- Design product solutions with a focus on human centered design techniques
- Create specifications, wireframes, prototypes to communicate design vision
- Use brand guidelines and visual direction to inform and create high-fidelity mockups
- Define UI motion and micro animation guidelines
- Contribute and define the Kin UI design system for mobile and responsive web
- Work with marketing and content partner to ensure tone and voice in the experience is consistent
- Conduct research and usability testing to validate product designs and inform design decisions
- Work with marketing on customer facing advertising on occasion
I’ve got skills...but do I have the necessary ones?
- Bachelor's degree in HCI, graphic design, cognitive science or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience designing products for mobile and responsive web
- Experience working in a test and learn hypothesis driven product environment preferred
- Experience creating and contributing to design systems and working with other designers
- Passion for making complex business tasks easy through user-centered design
- Empathy for customers and passion for helping them solve difficult problems
- Solid communication skills, both written and verbal
- Learning mindset and willingness to absorb lots of new information and context
- Self-starter personality who’s lean and eager to take action
- Extremely collaborative work style thriving in a dynamic team environment
- Facilitation and collaboration skills aimed at aligning cross functional peers
- Experience designing and prototyping with Figma is required
- Portfolio of your work highlighting your design process and examples of product design
Read Full Job Description