SALESFORCE UX / UI DESIGNER at Caterpillar
At Caterpillar, we’re delighted to be making a significant investment in our Salesforce capabilities. We have an exciting and challenging opportunity for a Salesforce UX/UI Designer. Through the ability to design frictionless digital experiences, The UX/UI Designer will work directly with Community Cloud and Analytic based projects to maximize the value of the Salesforce product and bring business initiatives to life. This position will work with stakeholders, vendors, and partners translating customer needs into a fulfilling user experience through the use of human-centered and interaction design concepts, wireframes, prototypes, and the execution of our UX/UI strategy.
• Have the ability to create polished, production-ready UI designs.
• Possess the ability to conceptualize and communicate design ideas to stakeholders of all levels within an organization.
• Have the ability to create wireframes, user flows, visual design assets, and interactive prototypes/high fidelity mockups.
• Understand of overall customer needs and ability have a holistic view of design and user experience; ability to deliver on short-term needs that fit into long-term vision.
• Are familiarity with design sprints and the agile methodology.
• Have the ability to actively and constantly collaborate with other employees including product owners, designers, web and mobile engineers, quality-assurance engineers, leadership, and more.
• Are responsible for defining design guidelines (DEG) and best practices (design strategies) to be used across ecosystem; providing oversight to guideline auditors to govern design guidelines.
• Incumbent functions as team member, with other who may or may not have worked together before, to solve a technical problem or create critical component(s) and systems or processes. Incumbent will be expected to pull input from the whole team to formulate decisions and develop the proper user experience for the job/project.
Cat Digital is leading Caterpillar and our industry with the utilization of data analytics, innovation, digital channels and techniques to drive profit, create more efficient revenue growth, unlock new revenue streams and provide more durable competitive advantages for the business through unexpectedly great experiences for our customers.
Behind every customer success is the team at Caterpillar who is taking the bits and bytes of machine and market data and translating them into useable actionable information for our customers.
• Requires a four year college degree in Graphic, Interaction, Industrial, New Media or related Design, HCI (Human Computer Interaction), human factors/ergonomics or a related field. Open to consider different educational background based on professional experiences.
• 3+ years of experience designing digital products on a variety of platforms, including web and mobile (iOS and Android) is required.
• Exceptional design skills, production value and attention to detail are required.
• Requires proficiency with Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Fireworks, Sketch for OS X, Adobe CC and/or associated design tools.
• Experience with user interface design patterns and standard UCD methodologies across multiple platforms is required.
• Requires ability to listen to customers and stakeholders to visually design new products and features.
Top Candidates Will Also Have:
• Experience in Interaction Architecture, UI/UX design, Customer Experience and/or User Experience is desired.
• A result driven self-starter with a unique combination of technical knowledge, business acumen and strong general and emotional intelligence.
• Desirable is deep knowledge of UX industry standards, usability, trends in Salesforce functionality.
• Experience working with new mobile technologies including virtual, augmented, and mixed reality.
Position is located in Chicago, IL or Peoria, IL ONLY
Relocation assistance is available for this position
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.