Senior Art Director at The Marketing Store (Chicago, IL)
A BIT ABOUT US
The Marketing Store is a consumer engagement agency that believes in the power of experience to build brands. Experience is any valuable interaction between a brand and consumer, and it's the currency of 21st century marketing; consumers are placing greater value on it, technology provides brands with greater opportunity to deliver, and it's the key to unlocking huge growth.
Our core skill is therefore transforming brands, products and services into experiences. To leave lasting impressions and influence future purchasing decisions.
We do this through our expertise in the sharing of experience and the science of experience. Yet none of this can be achieved without our investment in people and culture. We're committed to breaking down silos to create more efficient and better-connected working processes. That's why we are a people-first agency, built to serve consumer-first brands.
TMS/HAVI requires all of its US based employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved.
WHAT ARE OUR PEOPLE LIKE?
Our agency is home to creative problem solvers. Those who overcome any obstacle to successfully put consumer-first ideas, products and technologies into market.
People who wear their talent lightly. Willing to be part of a close community that pushes them to be better.
Because our goal is to bring people and brands closer together. Closer insights, closer connections and closer collaboration breed better, more effective work. It's this dedication to getting closer that drives us to go further.
WHO WE WORK WITH
We apply insightful, strategic, brand-building processes to the creation industry-leading, award-winning promotions, digital experiences, retail activations, CRM and loyalty programs, premiums and brand events.
Our clients include McDonald's, Nissan, Infiniti, T-Mobile and more!
WHY WE THINK YOU WILL LOVE THIS ROLE
As a Senior Digital Art Director, you'll be a part of a team that pushes boundaries, is obsessed with ideas, and champions out-of-the-box thinking. Working seamlessly as part of a passionate, multi-disciplinary group, you'll have the opportunity to produce head-turning work that drives consumer engagement and builds emotional connections. From managing photo shoots to leading designs in a space where digital and innovation meet customer experience, you'll wear many hats and be responsible for all aspects of the visual creative.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING TO THE AGENCY
With a meticulous eye for creative, you are able to own a project from start to finish with minimal oversight. You love all stages of the creative process, everything from coming up with ideas and building layouts, to crafting concept decks and creating visual experiences that dazzle people while defining a brand. Presenting to clients is your jam, and you excel at bringing ideas to life in compelling and innovative ways.
Comfortable with diving in on new projects, you enjoy ideating big concepts just as much as cranking out stellar design work. You are someone that has the drive to take design thinking and possibilities to the next level. Always eager to add a new layer into the mix and bring a unique POV to the table, you not only have the passion to push yourself, but you inspire and push others.
This role will work closely with cross-functional teams, driving ideation and execution within various digital and innovation spaces.
Digging deeper on the details:
- Interpret briefs in order to create designs that are strategically driven, thought-provoking and compelling - not just "pretty"
- Think conceptually and strategically to discover the best way to problem-solve for design and technical challenges
- Coordinates and handles multiple jobs and projects daily, meets timelines and expectations, while measuring and improving efficiency
- Meets team goals based on specific Client objectives
- Supervises and crafts engaging digital experiences
- Collaborate with clients and internal partners: marketing, technology, product, developers etc.
- Stays current with design trends and how technology and standard methodologies are evolving in the industry - proactively identifies design capabilities and opportunities that should be adopted within the team
- Confidently speak to and coach both internal teams and our clients on best-in-class digital experience design
Desired Skills & Experience
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE WOULD LIKE YOU TO HAVE
- Expert proficiency and considerable hands-on experience with Sketch, Abstract, Adobe Creative Suite
- Robust experience with digital trends and practices, leading with fully responsive digital design systems
- Ability to quickly ideate and visualize raw ideas, and help implement your designs to pixel perfection
- Passionate in the presentation and communication your ideas and designs to the team and clients to build consensus around your concepts
- Strong grasp of design around typography, color, photography, layout design, hierarchy, and user experience (motion graphics is a plus)
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, and presentation), able to inspire others and sell creative vision
- Have critical attention to detail (we're talking down to the pixel) while not missing the big picture
- Strong portfolio with examples of recent digital projects demonstrating creative thinking and flawless execution
- Exceptional organizational skills and the ability to manage and prioritize multiple client projects and demands at once
- Bonus points for past work on digital/atomic design systems
US based employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by the date of hire to be considered. Proof of vaccination is required.
The Marketing Store provides comprehensive benefits offerings to all full-time employees starting on day one. Our benefits include options for medical and dental insurance, 401(k) plan with Company matching provision, profit sharing, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, life insurance, health and wellness benefits (including discounts on products & services), employee assistance program, and disability insurance.
Thank you for your interest in The Marketing Store.
Please note that we will only contact candidates who are selected for an interview.
The Marketing Store is an equal opportunity employer.
We do not accept unsolicited calls, resumes or candidate referrals from recruiters and agencies.