Senior Art Director
About the role
The Mx Group is looking for a senior art director with outstanding design and conceptualization skills to join our growing creative team. Flex all your creative muscles coming up with fresh ideas to translate B2B messages into meaningful, engaging creative. You’ll use digital media, video, interface design, traditional print advertising and more. And since you’ll be managing multiple projects for diverse clients at the same time, we promise you’ll never get bored. This is a great opportunity for a strong designer who’s equally comfortable with big ideas and small details, and who thrives as part of a tight-knit, highly collaborative team.
What we’re looking for:
- 4–7 years of art direction and design experience in an agency setting
- Experience developing creative solutions with writers and other strategic partners
- A knack for designing engaging, innovative content for B2B audiences
- Experience directing designers, writers and other creatives in executing connected print and digital campaigns
- Mastery of design fundamentals, including typography, composition and layout
- Proven aptitude for quick thinking with acute attention to detail while still meeting demanding deadlines
- Digital design expertise, with an understanding of UI / UX principles
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- Expert-level proficiency with Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign)
- Experience with Sketch and prototyping tools such as InVision a plus
- Prior B2B experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
A leading B2B digital and demand generation agency, The Mx Group has been named one of the Best Places to Work in Illinois for five years in a row. We have received numerous awards both for our work and our company culture, and were ranked among the top 10 B2B agencies in the country by B2B Marketing in 2017 and 2018. Located 20 minutes from downtown Chicago, The Mx Group empowers companies with the competitive edge of modern B2B marketing. To do this, we integrate a broad set of services: Strategy. Design and content. Web and app development. Demand gen and lead management. We make it all work together to help companies attract, convert and retain more customers. For more than 25 years, clients have trusted us to turn their marketing investments into measurable revenue.
Why you’ll love working here:
At The Mx Group, we’re committed to producing great work — and having fun while doing it! We’re proud of our collaborative, open company culture, and we’re always looking for new ways to brighten up the work day for our Mx community. Whether you’re taking home first place in a trivia contest or chili cook-off, enjoying a brew from our craft beer fridge or celebrating the start of Friday summer hours, you’ll see why our employees love coming in to work. Plus, we offer a full benefits package, including paid parental leave, and we close our office for a full week at the end of each year.