Senior Art Director
The Marketing Store – voted one of AdAge’s Best Places to Work in 2018 – has a long, exciting history as a highly innovative, inspirationally creative, global marketing agency. We have assembled some of the sharpest creative minds in the industry, and we’re looking to add to the team.
Our solutions are built around the ways real humans actually behave. And we behave like real humans, too. We’re collaborative, supportive of one another, respectful of everyone, and generally fun to be around.
We’re looking for a Senior Art Director obsessed with ideas, technology and design. Someone who can work seamlessly as part of a team, has a meticulous eye and strong communication skills. The ideal candidate possesses the talent and energy to create strategically sharp, focused concepts and powerful, eye-catching design for promotional concepts and materials that don’t merely suggest consumer action, but compel it. This hungry and exceptionally talented individualwill be responsible for partnering with copy leads and other cross-functional teams to drive the creation of on-brand, on-strategy activation and engagement concepts, presentations and materials for large promotional campaigns in a physical – and especially digital – space for some of the biggest, most recognizable clients in the world.Sound like you? Sound like fun? If so, we’re eager to see what you’ve got.
- Interpret briefs in order to create designs that are strategically driven, smart and compelling — not just “pretty”
- Think conceptually and strategically to discover the best way to problem-solve for design and technical challenges
- Collaborate with, mentor and inspire co-workers to produce innovative, strategically relevant, and high-quality work for clients
- Help drive the creative process from original concepts to final implementation
- Ability to create design solutions for multiple deadline-driven assignments and manage time efficiently
- Present creative concepts to clients both in-person and over the phone
- Be a constant learner, with a passion for making things better by actively keeping ahead of the curve and continually exploring digital tools, trends/best practices, and styles as well as advertising and design styles
- Experiment with new tools and techniques to improve our work
- Be up-to-the-minute on popular culture
Desired Skills & Experience
- Strong grasp of design around typography, color, photography, layout design, hierarchy, and user experience (motion graphics is a plus)
- Strong attention to detail in design and project management
- Superb information design abilities, fastidious and efficient production and optimization habits, and impeccable problem solving skills
- Self-starter and self-motivated: able to handle the day-to-day interactions with existing projects with minimal supervision needed
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, and presentation) with a positive, helpful, and team-focused attitude
- An expert proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, After Effects is a bonus) and Sketch
- Strong portfolio with examples of recent digital projects demonstrating creative thinking and flawless execution
The Marketing Store provides comprehensive benefits offerings to all full-time employees starting on day one. Our benefits include options for medical and dental insurance, 401(k) plan with Company matching provision, profit sharing, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, life insurance, health and wellness benefits (including discounts on products & services), employee assistance program, and disability insurance.
Thank you for your interest in The Marketing Store.
Please note that we will only contact candidates who are selected for an interview.
The Marketing Store is an equal opportunity employer.
We do not accept unsolicited calls, resumes or candidate referrals from recruiters and agencies.