Senior Content Designer, Customers - Tock (Remote) at Tock
You'd be our first Content Designer! Our incredible growth across a wide ranging and international customer base means our product has grown significantly and is ready for someone to own all things content. You'll consider how copy can make our product and all its advanced tools more approachable, more fun and engaging, and easier to use. You'll bring a consistent and confident voice to all communication touch points. You'll explore how content strategy can impact product goals and influence and contribute to product development. You'll collaborate with your product design team to execute on exciting, new features.
More about the Customers team: Chefs and restaurateurs are willing to innovate in the kitchen, drill service to perfection, and spend gobs of money on the design and decor of their space, but often forget that business operations and innovation are just as critical as the food they serve and hospitality they provide. And that's exactly what our Customers team is responsible for. We're helping businesses run better businesses. We're creating powerful, transformative, and easy-to-use tools that challenge the status quo and change how restaurants, wineries, and culinary businesses operate-dramatically for the better.
All Squarespace and Tock employees are working remotely at this time. We are closely monitoring the status of COVID-19 as we continue our work to build a return-to-work plan that ensures a safe return to our offices and provides flexibility for our employees.
You'll Get To...
- Develop the voice and tone for our customer-facing products
- Write and maintain product copy for all customer products
- Collaborate with product designers to explore how copy and communication can create amazing customer experiences
- Create prototypes that advocate for the proper communication touchpoints or that push back and suggest that the product itself could be more intuitive
- Conduct user research, usability tests, and A/B tests to learn how words and copy are understood and how they can be improved
- Balance personality with brevity, bringing an approachable and casual but clear voice to our products
- Write clear, intuitive help center articles that our customers are eager to reference and rely on
- Write concise, instructional product copy for errors, alerts, forms, tooltips and in-product tutorials and guided flows
- Write compelling customer messages like release notes and feature announcements
- Document writing and style guidelines in our evolving design system
Who We're Looking For
- At least 5 years experience writing UX copy with a portfolio to demonstrate
- A collaborative work ethic, eager to partner with product designers and product stakeholders
- Experience writing everything product related, from help center articles and educational training materials, to feature announcements and release notes, to UI copy like errors, alerts, forms, tooltips, headlines, and button labels
- An understanding of inclusiveness and accessibility best practices
- Comfort in a fast-paced, iterative environment
- Familiarity with internationalization would be nice, but isn't necessary
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you and your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Equity plan for all employees
- 401k with employer match
- Paid parental leave
- Fertility and adoption benefits
- Education reimbursement
- Commuter benefit in the form of pretax (US)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Charitable donation match
- Awarded Fast Company's "Most Innovative Companies" in 2021
- Awarded Built In's "Best Places to Work" in 2020, 2021, and 2022
- Awarded America's Hottest Brands of 2020 by AdAge
- Won Chicago Tribune's "Game Changer" Award for industry innovation
- Reached a global customer base of 30 countries operating in 200+ cities
- Processed over $1 billion in prepaid reservations
- Named one of 2019's 50 Startups to Watch
- Featured in: New York Times, Bloomberg, GQ, Vice, Wired, Food & Wine, Eater, Skift Table, Chicago Tribune, Crain's Chicago Business, New York Post, and more
Tock is the all-in-one system for reservations, takeout, delivery, and events. We are changing the way restaurants, wineries, and culinary event organizers run their business and how guests explore, discover, and book at these places all around the globe.
Squarespace is a leading all-in-one website building and ecommerce platform that enables millions to build a brand and transact with their customers in an impactful and beautiful online presence. Our suite of products enables anyone at any stage of their journey to manage their projects and businesses through websites, domains, ecommerce, marketing tools, and scheduling, along with tools for managing a social media presence with Unfold and hospitality business management via Tock. Squarespace democratizes access to best-in-class design, helping our customers in approximately 200 countries and territories maintain consistent branding across all digital touchpoints to stand out online. Our team of more than 1,400 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin, Ireland, Portland, Oregon, Los Angeles, California and Chicago, Illinois. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com .
Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Tock, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.