Senior Creative Director
Manage and mentor creative marketing teams on the East Coast and Chicago and work cohesively with other centralized team members. This is a high-level, people-oriented role involving the development of sophisticated concepts in print, out of home, onsite and social to support the markets and the centralized team as needed. Work with internal and external clients, collaborate with VP on high-level, cross-market campaigns, pitch designs and conceptualize campaigns based on strategy and story boarding.
- Manage and lead the creative services teams based in Chicago and on the East Coast
- Develop creative programs and design concepts that meet the business objectives and advance brand strategy
- Guide team in graphic design, fine arts, motion graphics and digital strategies
- Fully understand ideas and opinions of team in an articulate, respectful/critical manner providing constructive criticism, turning small ideas into larger concepts, etc.
- Pay attention to detail and engage. Ask questions, challenge creative when something doesn’t feel right and be thoughtful about how to must successfully serve the client and deliver relatable messaging to consumers
- Makes decisions in a deadline-driven environment in the most efficient way as possible
- Establish and nuture process and creative direction for the entire line of brands and programs
- Supervise and inspire the creative team; generate multiple concepts for a campaign or project
- Work with the research team, the go-to-market team, the events team and creative team to develop concepts and present to partners
- Oversee all creative projects ensuring quality control over concepts and projects
- Inspire passion, integrity and creative energy!
- Able to learn new skills and strategies from fellow workers and apply those to future projects
- Directs team in an accurate conceptual direction of where the project needs to go and involves team
in constant creative/brainstorming sessions
- Able to have to provide critical performance feedback when necessary
- Manage timelines, priorities and is highly responsive
- Four-year college degree in Marketing or equivalent related experience.
- Ten to 15 years of related experience as a marketing professional. Five to 10 years of experience managing a team. Working knowledge of creative programs ranging from Adobe Creative Suite 5 or higher, Powerpoint, Web Design.
- Must possess a thorough understanding of interactive communications and delivery systems, processes and user interface design as well as industry best practices
- Knowledge of strong composition, graphic fundamentals, typography and limitations of the web; must have the ability to storyboard or translate ideas to designers
- A strong working knowledge of experience design, brand development, interactive commerce and creative process
- Print and web design capabilities: must know how to work in both media for integrated campaigns
- Ability to lead projects from concept to completion. Apply best practices in user interface and interactive design, including image optimization and site mapping
- Experience with creative suite in programs such as Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign
- Knowledge of HTML, DHTML CSS a plus
- Ability to make evaluative judgments
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Ability to supervise and train employees, to include organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments
Share on your newsfeed