Senior Design Researcher (UX/UI) at project44
Our mission is to usher in a new era of trust and predictability to transportation and logistics, but there’s still a lot of work to be done. The industry is massive, as is the opportunity. We’re looking for bright, ambitious individuals to join our growing global team and help us enable a more productive and successful world. We’re changing the way the world ships, and we’re looking for you to help us get there!
About the Design Team
project44 has a multidisciplinary design team that acts as a silver thread running throughout the business and product. From brand, to product, to user research, and design systems, we use design to differentiate and position ourselves as the market leader. We start every project with customer research and ensure that we're proud of everything we ship. Our team plays a vital role that ensures we focus on the right problems, craft creative solutions, and deliver gorgeous experiences to our customers.
The Product Design team advocates for our customers and works alongside Product, Research Operations, Engineering, and Growth to deliver the best solutions and experiences. You will work alongside Product Designers, Research Operations as well as colleagues from Product, Engineering, and Brand teams.
You’ll join as a Senior Design Researcher to help expand our Design team and research initiatives among Designers and Product Managers. As a member of our growing team, you’ll work closely with our Research Operations Manager to have a hand in shaping how we do research, championing a user-centric approach to our products, business and culture. This is a consultative and advisory role to various levels within the design and product teams to identify best research practices, discern which methodologies to implement as they design new services, features, and capabilities for our network of carriers, as well as a suite of tools for shippers and logistics service providers. This role is ideal for someone who enjoys forward looking intrapreneurial roles.
Our research ranges from foundational to evaluative, using mixed method approaches such as usability testing, in-depth interviews, quantitative surveys and card-sort studies. Your insights, perspective and mentorship to our designers will help with the development of new products and features and meld with our “validation first” design vision.
The right candidate will be adept in both qualitative and quantitative methodologies, flexible and adaptive, have a passion for “teaching your craft” and embodying excellent communication. We realize no one is an expert in everything but hope to bring on someone who brings unique perspectives and is passionate about our mission and values!
What should excite you about UX Research with project44
- Getting to reimagine the world of global logistics — replacing complex, legacy systems with a modern, delightful experience for every persona involved.
- Impacting the ways your favorite brands and stores manage their supply chains.
- A strong design culture, where talking to customers is the start of any project.
- You’ll own design research not just for the team’s current products but the broader future that these experiences could
- Building for the long term by expanding our design and brand systems.
- Close collaboration with designers and product management.
- A fun, upbeat, and fast-paced team to work with spread across the globe.
What gets us excited about you:
- Your ability to identify important research questions proactively and independently from a product/business perspective.
- Draw on a multitude of both qualitative and quantitative research methodologies to produce actionable recommendations for current and future products.
- Passion for advocating for an organization’s customers and championing new ideas, tools, and experiences that solve their needs and engage them in the business.
- Strong cross functional collaboration with diverse stakeholders including product management, data science, engineering, and leadership.
- Strategize with Research Ops Manager and Designers to steer research end-to-end, including foundational, iterative, and evaluative research.
- Clearly communicate research insights and translate research findings into business impact and have a knack for imparting these skills.
- Advocate for the user throughout the product development process
- A minimum of 3+ years of qualitative and quantitative research experience or a combination of industry experience and academic experience.
- Command of a broad set of qualitative research and user-centered design methods.
- Experience with applied statistics.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to define research questions, identify appropriate methods, execute studies, and synthesize findings.
- Excellent written and verbal presentation skills.
- Successful track record of driving business decisions with user insights.
- Ability to incorporate technical and business requirements into research.
- Experience in applied design research.
- Desire to work and learn in a fast-growing startup environment.
More about project44
Since 2014, project44 has been transforming the way one of the largest, most important global industries does business. As transportation and logistics continues to evolve and customer expectations around delivery become more demanding, industry technology must rise to the occasion. In just a few short years, we’ve created a digital infrastructure that eliminates the inefficiencies caused by dated technology and manual processes. Our Advanced Visibility Platform is used by the world’s leading brands to track shipments, collaborate with supply chain partners, drive operational efficiencies, and create outstanding customer experiences.