Senior Design Researcher
The Senior Researcher plans , manages and executes all aspects of generative and evaluative user and design research including planning, execution, and delivery of results. He or she employs a diverse toolkit of Design Research methodologies and translates customers’ and end-users’ needs and behaviors into actionable insights and recommendations to positively impact Walgreens experiences across omnichannel touchpoints and throughout the product development and service design processes.
In partnership with Service Designers, User Experience Designers and Managers, the Senior Researcher will identify opportunities to inform and evaluate experiences across stages of definition and development and will be responsible for research design, implementation, data analysis, and output.
- Plans, manages and executes all aspects of generative and evaluative user and design research including planning, execution, and delivery of results.
- Translates user behaviors and research findings into clear insights and actionable recommendations, opportunities, and guiding principles.
- Works collaboratively across teams and actively drives engagement in research activities and promotes adoption of research insights.
- Partners with Service and User Experience Designers to ensure that user goals, needs and expectations are met, by helping to improve processes, clarity of content, and functionality across Walgreens experiences.
- Evangelizes User Research best practices and Design Thinking methodology within Walgreens, including communication to cross-functional project teams and senior-level stakeholders.
- Contributes to the development and ongoing and evolution of research and testing approaches, methods, and timelines.
- Assists in managing usability lab operations, including system operation and participant recruiting/scheduling.
- Contributes to ongoing knowledge management and cataloging of research and insights into a sharable, searchable database/library.
Walgreens, one of the nation's largest drugstore chains, is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc., the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellwellbeing enterprise. More than 10 million customers interact with Walgreens each day in communities across America, using the most convenient, multichannel access to consumer goods and services and trusted, cost-effective pharmacy, health and wellness services and advice. Walgreens operates 8,175 drugstores with a presence in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Walgreens omnichannel business includes Walgreens.com. Approximately 400 Walgreens stores offer Healthcare Clinic or other provider retail clinic services.
As the neighborhood drugstore and retailer, our goal is to make health and happiness simpler, easier and within reach. And we remain a trusted wellness provider offering convenient access to important health services, such as immunizations and an array of pharmacy services that can help patients improve their health. To our team members, Walgreens represents a unique opportunity to excel in their careers in a welcoming and inclusive environment. We offer the chance to work in a truly supportive environment, and be a part of a progressive organization dedicated to the well-being of our customers, team members and the communities we all call home.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 3 years of experience designing, executing, and analyzing qualitative user research data OR a High School Diploma / GED and at least 6 years of experience designing, executing, and analyzing qualitative user research data.
- Experience in the digital (adaptive web, app, and kiosk) space; experience with store-based research and/or employee tools is a definite plus!
- Experience building relationships with internal/external partners.
- Experience working collaboratively within and across disciplines.
- Experience with analyzing and reporting data in order to identify issues, trends, or exceptions to drive improvement of results and find solutions.
- Experience identifying operational issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems.
- Experience adapting to changes related to project needs and scope.
- Experience utilizing critical thinking, analysis, and creative problem-solving skills.
- Experience using time management skills such as prioritizing/organizing and tracking details and meeting deadlines of multiple projects with varying completion dates.
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Willing to work from either Walgreens headquarters location – Deerfield or Chicago – as needed based on project and meeting needs.