Senior Director Creative Content Studio at Walgreens
Responsible for leading Walgreens content studio driving modern creative content creation for Walgreens Marketing. This role will partner closely with the brand strategy and marketing experience team to build all customer facing Walgreens content including Creative Direction, Design & Copy writing, Content and Brand standards.
- Leads and directs the modern agile creative development of all customer facing Walgreens content including
- Creative Direction, Design & Copy writing, Content and Brand standards.
- Leads internal studio and ensures all content is aligned with the company’s marketing strategy.
- Develops a deep understanding of the company vision and direction to ensure the advertising strategies are executed in alignment with the corporate objectives and to ensure that actionable strategies are developed and executed as the corporate initiatives evolve.
- Directs and drives process modernization in the design of customer facing content to break through with the customer and achieve better results.
- Develops and maintains brand guidelines for internal and external communications to ensure brand guidelines are appropriately communicated to end-users.
- Ensures systems and processes are defined, reviewed, improved and maintained efficiently and effectively.
- Collaborates with diverse groups throughout the company including executives, leadership and peers in areas such as Legal, Merchandising, Sourcing and Procurement, HR, Store Operations and Finance. Manages the navigation of these diverse groups through direct reports and through personal relationship building.
- Develops and mentors staff through on-boarding, open communication, training and development opportunities and performance management processes; builds and maintains employee morale and motivation; ensures the team is appropriately staffed with required competencies; fosters a diverse and inclusive workplace.
Walgreens (walgreens.com), one of the nation's largest drugstore chains, is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc. (Nasdaq: WBA), a global leader in retail and wholesale pharmacy. Walgreens is proud to be a neighborhood health, beauty and retail destination supporting communities across the country, and was named to FORTUNE* magazine’s 2019 Companies that Change the World list. Approximately 8 million customers interact with Walgreens in stores and online each day. As of August 31, 2019, Walgreens operates 9,277 drugstores with a presence in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, along with its omnichannel business, Walgreens.com. Walgreens also provides specialty pharmacy and mail services and offers in-store clinics and other health care services throughout the United States, most of which are operated by our health care strategic partners. An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 8 years of experience in a creative field, such as Advertising, Marketing or Promotions or HS Diploma/ GED and at least 11 years of experience in a creative field, such as Advertising, Marketing or Promotions.
- At least 6 years of collateral design and production experience.
- At least 5 years of experience in developing and refining processes and systems through which align business and creative needs with sales and marketing objectives.
- Experience collaborating with internal resources and external resources to develop strategies that meet department goals within budget and established timelines.
- Experience establishing & maintaining relationships with individuals at all levels of the organization, in the business community & with vendors.
- At least 5 years of experience contributing to financial decisions in the workplace.
- At least 5 years of direct leadership, indirect leadership and/or or cross-functional team leadership experience.
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Bachelor’s degree in Design or Communications.
- Experience in an agency environment.
- Experience developing strategic initiatives which align with business goals and budget.
- Experience building and leading large, effective, modern creative teams.