Senior Experience Designer at Rocketmiles
Whether it’s serving travelers or our partners, we believe great design starts by putting the customer first. Rocketmiles is looking for a customer-obsessed Senior Experience Designer to join our Design team in Chicago.
As a Senior Experience Designer at Rocketmiles, you will:
- Work as a design generalist. You’ll execute all aspects of design including user research, interaction design, and visual design.
- Talk to customers. You’ll get to know our customers through shadowing, interviews, and basic usability tests.
- Be a partner. Silos aren’t our thing; you’ll be a partner to product, engineering, customer loyalty, business development, and others around the company.
- Keep it human. You’ll prioritize customer needs, set success metrics, and contribute to the team’s roadmap.
- Craft a vision. Design has the unique ability to illustrate the future. Using data, customer insights, and business objects, you’ll paint a picture of where we should explore and the minimum lovable products to get us there.
- You’ve designed and shipped multiple products in the past. We’re looking for someone with 5+ years of experience bringing ideas to life and evolving them.
- You’ve worked in data-driven environments. We embrace both quantitative and qualitative data. You’re experienced in using data as a means to inspire and evaluate a concept.
- You enjoy the details. From writing a thoughtful discussion guide to crafting the perfect micro-interaction, you enjoy getting your hands dirty in the nuance of design.
- You’re familiar with the Human-Centered Design process. You know how to keep the customer at the front and center of each project, while balancing the needs of the business and technology.
- You seek feedback. You have a growth mindset, are comfortable soliciting feedback, and are curious to learn from a spectrum of perspectives.
- You balance exploration with execution. Exploration and execution are both key to building innovative experiences. You understand when it’s time to explore and when it’s time to deliver.
- You’re familiar with current design tools. You’ve used Sketch, Invision, and excited to dive into Figma.
- Own decisions and take action that can be implemented in a matter of days (or hours).
- Assume lots of responsibilities early on in your career and grow professionally with experienced business, design, and technology teammates in a workspace built upon trust.
- Work with a group of intrinsically motivated people with a track record for building successful new businesses from scratch.
- Receive a competitive compensation package, including bonus, 401k, health, and dental insurance.
- Get inspired and encouraged to vacation faster, with an annual vacation stipend
- Share your passion for travel with similar-minded people.
- Work within the largest online travel company in the world (Booking Holdings) at the pace of the fastest-growing startup within the family, with a high impact on customers.