Senior Experience Researcher at Motorola Solutions
If you are a current Motorola Solutions employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account.Company Overview
At Motorola Solutions, we create technologies our customers refer to as their lifeline. Our technology platforms in communications, software, video and services help our customers work safely and more efficiently. Whether it’s helping firefighters see through smoke, enabling police officers to see around street corners, or reliably keeping the lights on in homes and businesses around the world, our work supports those who put their lives on the line to keep us safe. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions, and help us usher in a new era in public safety and security.
Department OverviewWant to design products that actually matter? Do you believe that the challenges facing public safety today can be solved by a thoughtful and holistic approach to user experience design? At Motorola Solutions, we help people be their best in the moments that matter. We are redesigning the way public safety works to make the world a safer place. From emergency call taking, dispatch, and video security solutions to applications for first responders, we are building some of the most meaningful software today. Real, professional, tools. The UX team includes UX designers, visual designers, experience researchers and UX engineers.
As a Sr. Experience Researcher, you will be collaborating with product managers, developers, data scientists, and other members of the global UX team to learn about the needs of public safety stakeholders. You will be part of a human-centered product development process by providing the team with insights about user behaviors and needs.
- Conduct customer and end user research to understand workflows, environments, needs, pain points, opportunities, and performance.
- Disseminate research insights and findings to key business stakeholders including product designers, product managers, and business unit executives.
- Influence product strategy and priorities through driving a design-led, human centered approach to design, product development and innovation across design, product management and software development stakeholder organizations.
- Advance the practice of experience research by evolving research and dissemination methodologies, strategy, skills and tools.
- 5+ years experience in conducting academic or applied research
- Degree in Psychology, Anthropology, Sociology, HCI, design or other related discipline
- Experience with both qualitative and quantitative research methods
- Experience managing online research communities
Referral Payment PlanYes
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.