The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated, enthusiastic person who works as well independently as they do as part of a team. They will be able to succeed in a deadline driven atmosphere with constantly shifting priorities. As a Senior Graphic Designer they will design and develop innovative and strategic design concepts (and take the all the way through to final deliverables) in a range of mediums including (but not limited to): packaging, social media, retail & field marketing materials, digital, websites, swag, and POS displays.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter who will lead their own projects, collaborate within the design team, delegate as needed, as well as managing more junior designers and freelancers. Candidates must be able efficiently and effectively communicate their ideas in order to obtain buy-in in a cross-functional team environment and in turn graciously take direction from various parties. While learning our brand standards across the entire Green Thumb portfolio, the Senior Graphic Designer will also contribute to new ways of expanding our creative possibilities and procedural improvements. A keen attention detail and a willingness to understand the ever-evolving cannabis landscape (and how we operate within) are required.Responsibilities
- Create new and adapt existing brand artwork for requested projects across various marketing channels (print, digital, retail, social), for multiple States, while ensuring Brand standards are maintained across multiple brands.
- Collaborate with fellow designers, Design Manager and Creative Director to provide innovative, creative concepts & approaches to given briefs and project requests.
- Actively participate in the creative process by asking questions, voicing opinions, and effectively collaborating with stakeholders to determine project needs
- Take creative concepts from ideation to completion, utilizing new or existing resources to bring design ideas from brainstorm to (occasionally) copywriting, technical design and execution.
- Manage multiple projects and work with multiple disciplines at one time.
- Manage and provide direction for mid-level designer(s), outside vendors / freelancers / contractors as needed.
- Organize and maintain digital files; working with Production team to ensure materials are produced accurately and on-time.
- Ensure that project outputs meet technical requirements for delivery across multiple channels (e.g. print, digital, video, and email).
- Ensure brand consistency across multiple assets, work with multiple identities concurrently.
- Ensure project objectives are successfully met through effective collaboration with leadership, internal, cross-divisional, and external partners as projects require.
- Ensure state guidelines and requirements are being met.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferred.
- Minimum of 7+ years of experience in Graphic Design, either within a design firm, advertising agency, or an internal creative marketing team.
- Expertise in Adobe Creative suite, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign (After Effects, Sketch, web design, a plus); Intermediate experience with Microsoft Word and PowerPoint.
- Have a strong design portfolio demonstrating a passion for creative problem solving via visual communication; Experience designing for consumer goods and retail, preferred.
- Highly motivated, self-directed, innovative and able to work independently or among teams with keen judgement, common sense and resourcefulness.
- Excellent interpersonal communication (written & verbal) and time-management skills.
- Strong project management & organizational skills; ability to prioritize & manage the execution of multiple projects across multiple brands.
- Performs independently within a team environment under minimal daily supervision, receiving guidance from manager/supervisor about the work that needs to be completed.
- Produces technically correct, print- & digital-ready materials; strong attention to detail & accuracy with a willingness to adapt to existing workflows, while also contributing suggestions for improvements.
- Possesses a high level of critical thinking, continuously open to constructive, developmental feedback.
- Interacts regularly with Design Manager, Creative Director and Brand team, and other team members as needed for completion of assigned projects.
- Must pass any and all required background checks
- Must be and remain compliant with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
- Must possess valid driver’s license
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age
- Must be approved by state badging agency to work in cannabis industry