Senior Graphic Designer at Nexgen Packaging
Join Our Team!
This is an exciting opportunity to join Nexgen Packaging as a Senior Graphic Designer! Do you have the eye for design? Are you keen on attention to detail? Are you constantly soaking up new design trends like a sponge in water? If this is you, then let’s meet! Also, $5,000 sign on bonus! At Nexgen Packaging we are building a team of talented, experienced, and creative individuals! We embrace independent thinking self-starters who are looking to be part of a hard-working team that enjoys what they do. We are committed to investing in our employees’ growth and creating career opportunities for everyone at Nexgen. If this sounds like a team you’d like to join, then let’s meet!
We are changing how companies leverage technology to manufacture and manage supply chain. We have created a software platform to optimize, organize, and digitize customers’ portfolios. Considered the industry’s leading technology platform, over 10,000 brands and manufacturers globally use the Nexgen platform. Our customers include both traditional retailers like Converse, J Crew, Chico’s, and Kate Spade and emerging companies like StitchFix, Bonobos, and Fabletics that are changing the retail landscape.
Our Commitment to You:
We will provide a space that:
- Embraces forward thinking,
- Values employees’ contribution,
- Drives personal growth, and
- Recognizes the value of quality of work and quality of life.
We love to see our employees grow, embrace the entrepreneurial spirit, and demonstrate a willingness to contribute to our company’s successes. We are committed to providing rewarding experiences and helping our employees achieve their career and personal goals.
About the Role:
Nexgen is seeking a creative and forward-thinking Graphic Designer! You will have a unique opportunity to help shape Nexgen’s future. Being able to grow with our company is all but one reward, you will be responsible for creating & assisting in the handling of customers trim and packaging art files throughout the development life cycle.
- Setting up artwork files/mechanicals for production. Including: scaling, cropping, photo retouching, repositioning, pre-flighting of files in preparation for production.
- Creating design layouts for care labels, trim items, adjusting and adapting existing art files to needed customer requirements or production requirements
- Creating and maintaining customer product manuals
- Organizing & archiving files
- Uploading production files to ftp sites for global production / downloading customer art
- Work directly with sales and sales staff to understand art requirements & timelines
- Some customer interaction may be required
Ideally, We’d Like You to Have:
- 4-6 years experience
- Confident working in mac environment
- Attention to detail with emphasis on accuracy and quality
- Strong file management and organizational skills
- Willingness to help others and happy to work in a small office environment.
- Previous experience within the apparel trim and packaging industry would be considered a plus, but not required.
- 2-3 years’ job experience
- Proficient with Adobe Create Suite (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, Arobat, MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher).
A team of four entrepreneurs and industry veterans founded Nexgen in 2006. They knew they could build a great company that could help retailers with their branding solutions by leveraging state-of-the-art technology, exceptional employees, and an outstanding work environment. We pride ourselves on exceeding customers’ expectations by listening to their needs and executing on our commitments. This approach has led to industry-leading growth for Nexgen and our team. Since our founding we have grown to over 600 employees globally, with shipments of over 3 billion products a year!