Senior Marketing Designer
Morningstar brings people together with a singular goal in mind—to build software that users love. From individual investors to portfolio managers—we live to create transparency, always focused on bringing clarity to complexity and creating tools that support millions of investors in ways that excite, inform and create long-term success. Our people have helped millions of investors around the world by thinking independently, by being passionate entrepreneurs applying research insights to data and building software that helps investors succeed. Our team is built around technology, research, and design. We want great people who are curious, who love to share new ideas and perspectives and who are exceptional at every turn. It’s that simple.
We’re looking for a Senior Marketing Designer to join our energetic Workplace team and help us develop immersive experiences across a variety of mediums, including print, digital, and live events. The Workplace team is made up of a diverse group dedicated to putting employees on the path to financial freedom and security. We need someone who loves the challenge of turning complex concepts into engaging communications and brand systems. As the Senior Marketing Designer responsible for all internal and external communications you will focus on creating compelling materials that help differentiate and promote our unique service offerings to B2B and B2C audiences. Marketing Designers at Morningstar work with writers and content strategists, marketers, product managers, sales and business owners to develop experiences that express the Morningstar brand and its capabilities with honesty, authenticity, and richness.
In this role, you’ll:
- Develop design solutions for projects including digital web experiences, email campaigns, social media, printed collateral, events and conference exhibiting, and other branded communications.
- Oversee the creative development process for projects, including competitive research and analysis, and present solutions to key business and project stakeholders.
- Work with designers throughout the company to ensure work is aligned with design standards, meets a high standard of design quality, and considers the full customer brand experience across all touchpoints.
- Collaborate with marketers, digital strategists, content experts, UX designers, researchers, and developers on creative campaigns that support service and product awareness, lead-generation efforts, and product marketing.
- Thrive in an agile work environment, including the ability to embrace iterative communication design while maintaining a cohesive and holistic view of the overall design experience
- Be able to write and present effectively; you’ll need to guide and persuade many opinions.
- Manage multiple projects and work with numerous disciplines at one time.
We’re looking for someone who’s:
- Excellent design, color and typography skills.
- Eager to master complex information, and able to simplify it so that everyone can understand it.
- Digitally savvy and connected, current on digital trends and research.
- Deeply collaborative and can bring teams together to solve problems. Able to adapt their leadership style based on what the team needs and is ready to take the initiative to get things done and ask thoughtful questions.
- A curious self-starter who isn't afraid of ambiguity and is eager to find problems and solve them.
- Open to feedback and knows how and when to defend design choices.
- Continuously strive for better ways of communicating, coaching, and learning.
- Comfortable with a fast-paced work environment.
- Able to bring energy to a team and keep things positive.
Experience we’d like to see:
- Four years degree in a related field.
- Five years of experience in a creative agency or in-house creative.
- Superb communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Demonstrated ability to persuade partners and diplomatically resolve conflict.
- Excellent organization and attention to detail.
- Proactive, hands-on person who loves a challenge.
Please include a portfolio of work that you’re most proud of, so you can tell stories about your experience and the impact you've had. We're interested in the designs you’ve created and we want to understand how you work with a team to solve problems.
This position is based in our Chicago office.
Morningstar is an equal opportunity employer.