WHO WE ARE
Braze delivers customer experiences across email, mobile, SMS, and web. Customers, including Burger King, Delivery Hero, HBO Max, Mercari, and Venmo, use the Braze platform to facilitate real-time experiences between brands and consumers in a more authentic and human way. And we do it at scale – each month, hundreds of billions of messages are sent to a network of over 3 billion active users through Braze.
Need more proof? Braze was named a Leader in the Forrester Wave™: Cross-Channel Campaign Management (Independent Platforms), Q3 2021, and was named to the Forbes Cloud 100 list for the fourth consecutive year. The company has also been selected as one of Fortune’s Best Workplace for Millennials in 2021, and was ranked #20 on Fortune’s Best Medium Sized Workplaces in 2021. Braze is certified as a Great Place to Work in the UK and the U.S. and is recognized as one of the UK's Best Workplaces for Women.
Do you love to help teams uncover patterns and solve problems? Are you always looking for ways to optimize and improve upon the way you and your teams work? Does the idea of leading the design of both products and services sound energizing? If this sounds like you, let’s talk!
We are seeking an experienced design leader with a penchant for collaborating with product management and engineering partners to help innovate the experience of composing messages with Braze.What You’ll Do
You will be managing a team of designers and researchers that work within cross-functional product teams dedicated to an ever-growing list of messaging channels. While the number of messaging channels that Braze’s platform supports will continue to expand, the core experience of composing personalized, and relevant, messages will remain fairly consistent. This principle will guide the mission of the Senior Product Design Manager.
People managers at Braze have the freedom to shape their teams for better business outcomes. While design and research aptitude will inform your role and how you provide coaching for your team, the craft of management and developing leadership skills in others will be the primary discipline you will be expected to grow during your tenure.
- Managing, mentoring and inspiring a team of product designers, pushing the quality of their research and design work
- Contributing to the team’s vision and product plan, while working with the Directors of Product Management and Engineering to establish long-term product strategies and process improvements.
- Identifying and operationalizing overlapping efforts across product teams to ensure consistency for Braze customers
- Regularly and closely collaborating with Product Management, Engineering and Research disciplines within, and across, departments
- Recruiting, interviewing and hiring candidates for your team and across the design org
- Ensuring operational efficiency and accountability for design within this team
- Serving as an ambassador for design, and the multiple teams working on messaging channels
- Helping to scale our design org, design and research operations, and the long-term health of our product design system, Beacon
- 5 years design and/or front end development experience combined
- 2 years management experience
- Penchant for understanding complex problems and products; unafraid to discuss technical feasibility and long term technology planning
- Clear, concise, and cogent communicator
- Structured thinker
- Organized and thorough; habitually documents and double-checks work
- Comfortable with ambiguity, and learning through experimentation
- Experience spearheading user research and/or working closely with UX researchers
- Experience with any aspect of lifecycle marketing
- Experience working with a mature design system
- Experience working on SaaS products
- Experience designing mobile app experiences
- Portfolio or presentation demonstrating skills in the following areas
- Strong wireframing/prototyping skills
- Conducting research and/or partnering with user researchers
- Partnering with engineers to release features, products, and/or services
- Working on complex applications
- Excellent visual and verbal communication skills
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive compensation that includes equity
- Generous time off policy to balance your work and life, including paid parental leave
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and your dependents
- Collaborative, transparent, and fun loving office culture
If you are a California resident subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act, click here to understand how Braze processes your personal information and how you can exercise your rights.