This role will focus on next generation financial wellness applications and services that help investors meet their financial goals. These applications will help investors link their financial accounts to get a 360 view of their finances, and use that information to analyze, predict, and better understand how to make their money and investments achieve better outcomes by providing them a clear financial picture and actionable recommendations. At ByAllAccounts, we believe actionable, holistic data together with intuitive design are essential components of delivering world-class user experiences. Our goal is to help investors gain transparency over their finances, and control the next steps in their financial lives
The ideal designer for our team embraces big problems, validates design decisions with our customers, eagerly works across disciplines, and wants to own as much of the solution as possible while retaining a collaborative spirit. Design not only creates experiences, but it also leads us into the future by creating expansive vision at speed and scale that we can align with our stakeholders and customers. You'll be expected to facilitate and drive conversations with customers and internal stakeholders to help the team prioritize decisions, deliver solutions, and continually improve the user experience.
Financial services experience is a huge plus. If you enjoy investing, personal finance, or have been captivated recently by the financial markets, Morningstar is a great place to use and deepen your skills and meet like-minded people.
Morningstar offers an open, flat, entrepreneurial culture and the opportunity and support of a large organization with a robust design community. Design has been valued at Morningstar since our founder worked with Paul Rand to create our logo, and it has remained a focus ever since. Opportunities for growth abound, and designers are encouraged to move about the company to learn, grow, and build bridges across business units and professional disciplines.
It's a very exciting time to join our business as we put unprecedented emphasis on our digital transformation.
- Work with business and technology partners to define business problems, identify potential solutions and validate them with customers.
- Model meticulous attention to detail while consistently delivering high-quality solutions that balance customer need, business value, and technical feasibility.
- Plan and lead product discovery efforts, adapting methods to balance time to market, scope, and constraints.
- Make expert-level decisions around typography, space, color, interaction, and iconography while utilizing the Morningstar Design System and expressing the Morningstar brand.
- Demonstrate exceptional stakeholder management and relationship-building skills, effectively managing expectations and obtaining agreement on key objectives.
- Thrive in an Agile work environment and embrace iterative product development while maintaining a cohesive and holistic view of the overall design experience.
- Translate qualitative customer insights into actionable and appropriate feedback for product teams.
- Use data and experimentation in the design process to deliver on intended outcomes.
- Reinforce design and quality standards during work reviews.
- Provide art direction and feedback to other designers and help the cross-functional team discern how and when to consider stakeholder and customer feedback.
- Guide other designers on design standards and design strategy.
- Identify connections between products and communication channels and guide teams to build and plan for coordinated solutions.
- Partner with product owners and engineering leads to develop the end-to-end vision of the product.
- Mentor junior team members.
- Proven track record of delivering high-quality design experiences.
- At least 5 years of relevant professional experience specializing in user experience product design across digital platforms and/or enterprise software.
- Proficiency in digital design tools (Sketch, InVision).
- Knowledge of different user research methodologies with experience participating in and/or executing user research.
- Experience working with and contributing to design systems.
- Experience designing for mobile experiences and mobile-first mindset.
- Superb communication skills, both verbal and written; excellent attention to detail.
- Bachelor's degree in Graphic Design, Digital Design, Communication Arts, Human Computer Interaction, Industrial Engineering/Design, Finance, or a related field, or equivalent professional experience.
001_MstarInc Morningstar Inc. Legal Entity