Senior Product Designer, Consumer Mobile
We connect customers to the brands they love by way of a thriving marketplace and a members-only service that provides benefits across 140+ of the best online stores. Our members save time and money with benefits including free 2-day shipping, easy 2-click checkout, and free returns all while we help them stay up on the latest trends that appeal.
For merchants, we’re driving eCommerce business, producing insights with a growing data analytics practice to boot. With a powerful two-sided network and a robust data platform, we’re creating an eCommerce win-win, helping retailers compete. The landscape of retail is changing and we’re here to empower retailers to take their place in that exciting evolution.
We have people in offices around the world: Headquartered in Chicago, with offices in Conshohocken, PA (Philly area), New York, San Mateo and Krakow, Poland. We hustle to get things done, creating wins for customers, merchants and each other.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
ShopRunner is evolving its mobile app to be a shopping destination where customers discover on-trend fashion, develop their personal style, and buy with confidence. We're looking for a lead-level product designer to work on our newly launched app, District: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/district-by-shoprunner/id573010638?mt=8
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING:
In this role, you will be part of a multi–disciplinary team of Product Designers, Visual Designers and Design Researchers committed to designing the future of shopping. You'll be responsible for setting the user experience, design direction and vision for how we provide seamless browsing, recommendation and checkout experiences for our millions of members. As a leader with a deep understanding of experience design for mobile apps, we'll rely on your strong point of view on design, while being hands-on with creating experiences that exceed expectations and solve customer pain points.
You’re comfortable working in a fast-paced environment delivering a wide range of artifacts ranging from Customer Journey Maps to Interactive Prototypes that express your design point of view. A balanced understanding of strategy, research, interaction and visual design is a must for the role.
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU:
- Minimum of 6 years of experience in Product Design, UI/UX Design or related field
- Exceptional communication skills, must have solid skills in UI design, design research
- Experience facilitating collaborative workshops, and producing a variety of design deliverables and artifacts, including user flows, wireframes and interactive prototypes Proven experience designing for mobile platforms (specifically iOS and Android) using native design patterns with a portfolio that supports this experience.
- An in-depth understanding of the nuances that come with using native design patterns is a must, as the design solutions will be used to guide the development process.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment, collaborating across functions.
- Up-to-date knowledge of best practices, trends, and technologies in user experience design
- Experience taking a leadership role on cross-functional teams (design, research, content) preferred
- Must have the ability to set expectations with stakeholders and gain advocacy from cross functional leadership.
- Ability to influence and persuade project stakeholders and guide team members to the best design decision is crucial to the success of this role.
- Seasoned at setting expectations in the form of timelines and maintaining personal schedules as well as less experienced designers.
- Experience working closely with Product Managers, Analyst and Engineers to turn business requirements into design objectives that solve customer problems.
- An obsession with customer research, psychology and behavior, and ability to turn this obsession into smart design decisions.
- Ability to set realistic goals and timelines to set expectations with project team.
- In-depth knowledge of how to represent and communicate the customer journey (personas, jobs to be done, user scenarios/stories, storyboards/sketches, process maps, wireframes, etc.)
- Application of lean/agile product development methodologies -- identifying value, defining hypotheses and measuring experiments
- Ability to prototype in Flinto, Principal or Framer is a plus.
- Ability to communicate clearly and persuasively with peers and senior management
- Deep knowledge of responsive techniques and the device landscape
- Entrepreneurial mindset and bias toward action
- A Bachelor’s degree in interaction design, HCI or related UX degree is ideal
We want you to bring your whole human self to work every single day. We accept you for who you are and consider everyone on an equal opportunity basis without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.