Squarespace is a design-centered product company whose mission is to be the all-in-one platform for anyone who wants to stand out. You will be challenged in an organization that values vision, execution, and determination. Product Designers at Squarespace are embedded within multidiscipline teams that are collaborative, and each member is directly responsible for their team's strategy and overall success.
We're looking for a Senior Product Designer to join the Conversion team within the Growth organization. The Conversion team oversees templates and how they are merchandised to our customers. You will help guide users towards the right starting point for them and help build their expertise during their first moments with Squarespace. You will use a systems approach and design templates to create a compelling experience for any user looking to build their online presence while upholding Squarespace's design standards.
You'll report to the Product Design Manager of Conversion.
All Squarespace employees are working remotely at this time. We are closely closely monitoring the status of COVID-19 as we continue our work to build a return-to-work plan that ensures a safe return to our offices and provides flexibility for our employees.
You'll Get To...
- Create from concept and discovery through delivery and beyond
- Produce rational, articulable, elegant solutions to complex problems
- Design usable and educational concepts for the platform by thinking holistically about the user journey and product ecosystem
- Contribute to OKRs and overall product strategy by working with PM and Engineering partners while using data to improve the experience
- Work with up-stream and down-stream teams on evolving solutions that equally support our strategy, user goals and a consistent user journey
- Facilitate user research and testing, ensuring usability and product consistency
Who We're Looking For
- 6+ years of experience
- Knowledge of best practices regarding visual design principles of consistency, color, typography, animation and a eye for subtle details
- Experience in the UX process inclusive of research, visual design and prototyping
- Knowledge of current trends in design and technology with the ability to put yourself in the customer's shoes and come up with ideas that are enticing
- Proficiency in animation tools like Principle
A portfolio of relevant design work is required for consideration. It should illustrate your involvement and how you contributed to solving specific problems.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you and your dependent children
- Fertility and adoption benefits
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Pretax commuter benefits
- Education reimbursement
- Employee donation match to community organizations
- 7 Employee Resource Groups across locations
- Dog-friendly workplace
- Free lunch and snacks
- Private rooftop
Squarespace is a leading all-in-one website building and ecommerce platform that enables millions to build a brand and transact with their customers in an impactful and beautiful online presence. Our suite of products enables anyone at any stage of their journey to manage their projects and businesses through websites, domains, ecommerce, marketing tools, and scheduling, along with tools for managing a social media presence with Unfold and hospitality business management via Tock. Squarespace democratizes access to best-in-class design, helping our customers in approximately 200 countries and territories maintain consistent branding across all digital touchpoints to stand out online. Our team of more than 1,400 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin, Ireland, Portland, Oregon, Los Angeles, California and Chicago, Illinois. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com.
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.