Senior Product Designer, Customers - Tock at Tock (Chicago, IL)
As a Senior Product Designer on the Customers team at Tock, you'll lead on our most important projects and biggest opportunities. You'll dream up new tools for our customers, from an all-in-one reservation, event, and takeout system, to powerful payment and financial tools, to personalized guest management tools. You'll explore how we can take advantage of our new partnership with Squarespace, including how we can create an integrated booking and scheduling product for their customers. You'll work on these projects from start to finish, contributing to the upfront strategic and exploratory work to the polishing of beautiful, finished UI designs.
More about the Customers team: Chefs and restaurateurs are willing to innovate in the kitchen, drill service to perfection, and spend gobs of money on the design and decor of their space, but often forget that business operations and new ideas are just as important as the food they serve and hospitality they provide. And that's exactly what our Customers team manages. We're helping businesses run better businesses. We're creating powerful, transformative, and easy-to-use tools that challenge the status quo and change how restaurants, wineries, and culinary businesses operate-dramatically for the better.
The Senior Product Designer position will report to the Director of Design and can be located in Chicago or work remote from anywhere in the USA.
All Squarespace and Tock employees are working remotely at this time. We are closely monitoring the status of COVID-19 as we continue our work to build a return-to-work plan that ensures a safe return to our offices and provides flexibility for our employees.
You'll Get To...
- Explore ideas and solutions to some of our most exciting and important challenges
- Partner with our Researchers to uncover insights and data that inspires ideas
- Create prototypes to test your ideas
- Produce intuitive, beautiful, and user-centered designs
- Partner with your Engineering teammates to see projects through
Who We're Looking For
- At least 5 years of experience designing and shipping products with a portfolio to demonstrate
- Experience designing native or web-based SaaS products
- Experience working with and contributing to established design systems
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you and your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Equity plan for all employees
- 401k with employer match
- Paid parental leave
- Fertility and adoption benefits
- Education reimbursement
- Commuter benefit in the form of pretax (US)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Charitable donation match
- Awarded Fast Company's "Most Innovative Companies" in 2021
- Awarded Built In's "Best Places to Work" in 2020, 2021, and 2022
- Awarded America's Hottest Brands of 2020 by AdAge
- Won Chicago Tribune's "Game Changer" Award for industry innovation
- Reached a global customer base of 30 countries operating in 200+ cities
- Processed over $1 billion in prepaid reservations
- Named one of 2019's 50 Startups to Watch
- Featured in: New York Times, Bloomberg, GQ, Vice, Wired, Food & Wine, Eater, Skift Table, Chicago Tribune, Crain's Chicago Business, New York Post, and more
Squarespace is a leading all-in-one website building and ecommerce platform that enables millions to build a brand and transact with their customers in an impactful and beautiful online presence. Our suite of products enables anyone at any stage of their journey to manage their projects and businesses through websites, domains, ecommerce, marketing tools, and scheduling, along with tools for managing a social media presence with Unfold and hospitality business management via Tock. Squarespace democratizes access to best-in-class design, helping our customers in approximately 200 countries and territories maintain consistent branding across all digital touchpoints to stand out online. Our team of more than 1,400 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin, Ireland, Portland, Oregon, Los Angeles, California and Chicago, Illinois. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com .
Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Tock, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.