Senior Product Designer, Design Systems (Remote) at Cisco Meraki
Meraki is paving the way to make Internet and Internet-powered devices easier than ever before. We enable organizations everywhere, from local libraries to hospitals to corporations operating worldwide, to focus on their mission and have networks that simply work.
Meraki believes the quality of our products is dependent on the quality of our teams. We place a high value on cultivating the growth and development of our people. We value collaboration. We give and get feedback early and often, share what we know, and learn from each other.
While our team’s primary focus is on software, we also find opportunities to collaborate with teams across the organization and think about how to improve the entire customer journey.What you'll do
The Senior Product Design role, within the design system team, is mission critical to creating a faster, more consistent design experience. You will have the unique opportunity to influence the product direction and visual language of Meraki’s next chapter in Networking. You’ll guide and govern our software design language: developing and evolving our pattern library and overall look-and-feel of our product at a systems level. Contributing with a team of UI/UX designers and testing experts, this is a role that will challenge you to push the organization’s existing design system further - continuously identifying opportunities and spearheading efforts to expand and enhance the system. Working hand-in-hand with the larger design team, product management, engineering teams, and quality assurance teams, you are responsible for ensuring that clients' needs, goals and requirements are met with a seamless and consistent experience.Key Responsibilities
- Continuously enhance and improve the Meraki design system, ensuring that a cohesive and seamless user experience exists across all enterprise networking products.
- Craft the visual language and look-and-feel of Meraki software.
- Influence Meraki designers through design system guidance and creative output.
- Deliver scalable designs as well as component guidelines, iconography, UI kits, Figma libraries, etc...
- Oversee quality control and conduct pattern reviews of the product team's designs so our customers receive a cohesive experience and that system is being used accurately.
- Collaborate with designers, engineers, and product management to continuously identify areas of improvement.
- Partner with the UI Engineering team to ensure that components are implemented accurately and within the established timelines.
- Distill sophisticated problems and propose simple, elegant solutions.
- Build a signature experience for Meraki software and solutions that are aligned to the Company's brand values.
- Advocate for research to drive product decisions.
- You are seasoned with 6+ years designing user experiences and interaction design for rich, interactive, consumer or enterprise web applications.
- You have strong visual design skills and can lead all aspects of the creative direction of software products.
- You have an understanding of design systems and have successfully managed and contributed to at least one.
- You operate from a modern product design attitude based on strategy, research, design, implementation, measurement, evolution, and optimization.
- You thrive on concept development and rapid creative prototyping.
- As a craftsperson you sweat the details of tactical UI design and implementation. Your work shows your passion and care.
- You are accountable and it is second nature to set and meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to effectively communicate concepts with passion and integrity.
- Independent and self-motivated.
- You leave your ego on the sidelines. You're not in it for yourself. You understand it's bigger than you.
- You see the value in cross-functional collaboration and outcomes.
- You're a veteran with a proven track record of crafting beautiful, delightful products.
Does this sound like you? We’d love to hear from you! Please include a link to your online portfolio.
Meraki is based in the Mission Bay area of San Francisco, less than a 5-minute walk from the Chase Center and with beautiful views of the Oracle Ballpark and the Bay beyond. You will have access to an onsite gym, multiple kitchens stocked with high-quality snacks, a coffee bar, catered lunches every single day, and a generous benefits package.
Cisco requires all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated or have an approved religious or medical accommodation. Candidates accepting an offer must provide proof of vaccination status on their first day. If someone anticipates requesting an accommodation for this requirement, they must receive approval before the start date. Candidates receiving an offer will receive additional information about the accommodation process at the time of the offer. All offers of employment are contingent upon complying with Cisco's vaccination policy.
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.