Senior Product Designer, Design Systems at Fast Radius
| Chicago | Remote
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:53 a.m. (CST) on Thursday, March 10, 2022
What we are looking for:
Fast Radius is looking for a Design Systems Designer to join our team and help shape our design system, working with brand & product design to develop our product design language.
About the Role:
- Collaborate closely with product design leaders and engineers on designing and building a scalable design system.
- Design scalable systems
- Design components and patterns backed by research, put through testing, and published against benchmarks established with our cross functional partners
- Communicate design decisions effectively based on user-research, content strategy, usability and design thinking.
- Define UI components holistically from interaction flow, motion/transitions, accessibility compliance and visual design
- Build strong relationships with stakeholders and fellow colleagues, acting as a design evangelist across departments.
- 5+ years of relevant professional and creative experience as a design systems or product designer at a digital product company leading the design system and visual execution of product experiences.
- BA/BS in related field or equivalent practical experience
- A portfolio of strong interaction design, design systems, and product design work, with a clear focus on marketing websites and eCommerce.
- Experience working across web, mobile and native application design.
- Extremely high attention to detail. You set the bar for what we aim to do in our products.
- Ability to prioritize tasks on a long-term and short-term basis.
- Passion for building things with new technologies.
- Proficiency in design tools — Figma, Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign.
- A strong appreciation and understanding of both web and print design.
Who we are: We believe manufacturing is important not only for what it makes but for what it makes possible for the world. Our first-of-its-kind Cloud Manufacturing Platform™ represents a new, more sustainable infrastructure to design, make, and move physical goods in the digital age. Working with companies across a variety of industries – from growing startups to Fortune 500 companies – Fast Radius helps customers with all stages of the manufacturing process from new product development to ongoing part production. We have recently announced our intent to become a publicly listed company as the next step in scaling our vision for the future of design, manufacturing, and logistics. Every day you can expect to work in an inclusive environment that makes excellence possible, where great work and ideas matter more than seniority. We believe in experimenting fearlessly and learning from our failures—quickly. Our leaders have grown successful companies before, and they understand that businesses thrive when capable people have the freedom to solve problems without constraints.
What we offer: We want you to come to work happy, healthy, and balanced so you can expect excellent benefits:
- Competitive compensation and bonus structure
- Comprehensive health care including dental and vision
- Generous vacation policy as well as a 401K plan
Fast Radius is proud to be an equal opportunity employer because diverse perspectives make for better products, better processes, and a better company. We encourage applicants from all backgrounds regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, Veteran status, or other protected status.
Fast Radius currently is unable to sponsor or transfer visas.
We are currently able to hire residents in the following states: AL, AZ, CA, CO, CT, FL, GA, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, MA, MD, MI, MN, NH, NJ, NY, NC, OH, OR, TN, TX, WA, WV, WI
Read Full Job Description