From parcel to freight, and first to final mile, project44 helps the world’s largest retailers, manufacturers, and logistics service providers reduce costs, improve visibility, and transform transportation into their next competitive advantage. We power better customer delivery experiences for brands such as Walmart, The Home Depot, Nordstrom, Abercrombie & Fitch, and Casper Mattresses. The transportation and logistics industry is massive, as is the opportunity. We’re looking for bright, ambitious individuals to help us change the way the world ships.
About the Design Team
We have a multidisciplinary design team that acts as a silver thread running throughout the business and product. We use design to differentiate and position ourselves as the market leader. Our team plays a vital role that ensures we focus on the right problems, craft creative solutions, and deliver gorgeous experiences to our customers.
The Product Design team advocates for our customers and works alongside Product and Engineering to deliver the best solutions and experiences. You will report to the Director of Product Design and work alongside other Product Designers, as well as colleagues from Product and Engineering teams.
You’ll join as a Senior Product Designer owning wide parts of the future of our last mile and customer engagement platform. In this role, your goals are to bring value and happiness to our customers by creating best-in-class SaaS products in the thriving ecommerce supply chain space. As a Senior Product Designer, you’ll be responsible for the full product design lifecycle, from owning ideation, research, and creating the product/design vision to pixel-perfect implementation.
You should feel comfortable leading design initiatives, advocating for our users, and being the voice of design throughout the organization. We’d love to see you apply if you have a background in owning product experiences end-to-end and growing culture at your design team.
What should excite you:
- Getting to reimagine the world of global logistics — replacing complex, legacy systems with a modern, delightful experience for every persona involved
- Impacting the ways your favorite brands and stores manage their supply chains and communicate with their customers about deliveries
- A strong design culture, where talking to customers is the start of any project
- Building for the long term by expanding our design and brand systems
- Close collaboration with product management and engineering
- A fun, upbeat, and fast-paced team
What gets us excited about you:
- Your track record in building successful products — with a diverse portfolio to show how you contributed to those teams with examples of your product, interaction, and design work.
- You consistently deliver visually gorgeous UIs and experiences that standout in your industry.
- Ability to think in systems
- Can contribute to our design language system
- Consistent use of research / UXR methodologies to define products and guide decision-making
- You’ve got number of years under your belt at a creative agency, technology company, or similar
- Ability to present your work and communicate your design process to the wider organization
- Examples of design leadership and design advocacy throughout your career
Travel + Location
This role can be based in any of our US hub cities - Austin, TX, Chicago, IL, Los Angeles, CA or San Francisco, CA. Regular travel will be required to our other global offices for onsite research with customers.
A link to your portfolio (and password, if necessary) or an uploaded PDF portfolio is required to apply.
Here's the steps involved in our standard hiring process for this role:
- 30 minute phone screen with a recruiter
- 45 minute Zoom call with Mikey Wey (Director of Product Design)
- Full day "on site" with members of our design and product team
- Reference check
Diversity & Inclusion
We're designing the future of how the world moves and is connected through trade and global supply chains. We can only deliver a truly world-class product and experience if our teams are as diverse and unique communities we are building for. So it's up to us to create a company where anyone can bring their authentic self to work everyday. We're constantly working to improve, and we accept our responsibility to elevate the voices left in the margins. It's on every one of us.
Our focus on inclusion manifests in the way we hire, the customers we serve, and the regions we prioritize. We're building a company that every one of us at project44 is proud to work for: a company that celebrates you for being you.
We pride ourselves on celebrating everyone — project44 is an equal opportunity employer actively working on creating a diverse and inclusive work environment where underrepresented groups can thrive. If you share our values and our passion for helping the way the world moves, we’d love to review your application!
For any needed accommodations during the hiring process, please email [email protected] Even if you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, you should still seriously consider applying. Studies show that you can still be considered for a role if you meet just 50% of the role’s requirements.
More about project44
Since 2014, project44 has been transforming the way one of the largest, most important global industries does business. As transportation and logistics continues to evolve and customer expectations around delivery become more demanding, industry technology must rise to the occasion. In just a few short years, we’ve created a digital infrastructure that eliminates the inefficiencies caused by dated technology and manual processes. Our Advanced Visibility Platform is used by the world’s leading brands to track shipments, collaborate with supply chain partners, drive operational efficiencies, and create outstanding customer experiences.