Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm, Inc. proudly includes Affirm, PayBright, and Returnly.
People’s relationship with their money is deeply personal and complex. Everyday they make decisions based on their means, whether it’s to make a purchase or invest in their future. We use design to rethink what personal finance can do for these individuals. We build experiences that give them freedom, security, knowledge, and a better quality of life!
Design serves a vital role at Affirm: from building narratives through data to creating products that help people make important financial decisions. As designers you are responsible for crafting experiences that solve problems people struggle with everyday. We hold design to a higher standard than most. It’s more than a tactic to build great products. It’s a helping hand, a new opportunity, a vision for the future. For us, design reshapes that relationship people have with money and allows us to engage with them on an emotional level.
As a Senior Product Designer in the Merchant Experience pod, you will lead and continue to drive strategically impactful solutions for our merchants. Our goal is to help businesses accelerate their growth and deliver more to their consumers they care about. Whether it is around exploring new ways to leverage our core services, solving operationally complex needs, or exploring new services, this role’s focus will be driving core engagement for all our merchants. This team thinks about empowering the small businesses to offer more ways to market and buy, to industry leaders innovating in different ways to facilitate commerce. You will partner with a team of current 2 product designers across a business critical pillar of our business.What You'll Do
- Work cross-functionally with Product, Analytics, and Engineering partners to represent the design team, facilitate design discussions, and give feedback in planning and product channels.
- Think holistically about complex systems, empathize with customers, and understand business goals to create compelling and effective user experiences
- Work closely with User Research to help synthesize and communicate research findings to inform business decisions and build even greater understanding of and empathy for our customers.
- Solicit feedback early and often from your peers, including other product designers and teammates in your product team. Participate in weekly design critiques.
- Mentor and support other designers
- Help maintain our design system with other product designers, and advocate for scalable design solutions.
- B.A/B.S. in Graphic Design, Human-Computer Interaction, Computer Science, or a related field/equivalent experience.
- 4+ years experience in an individual contributor role, on a Product Design team.
- You pride yourself in shipping high quality product experiences.
- Prototyping is your core means to explore and convey design solutions.
- Always take the chance to validate design decisions through user/usability research and/or experiment design.
- You are process-oriented but agile: the ability to quickly translate requirements into designs that are both functional and beautiful!
Location - Remote U.S.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.