Senior Product Designer, Mobile at Cisco Meraki
Meraki is paving the way to make Internet and Internet-powered devices easier than ever before. We enable organizations everywhere, from local libraries to hospitals to corporations operating worldwide, to focus on their mission and have networks that simply work.
We’re looking for a Senior Product Designer with a mobile focus to join Meraki’s fastest-growing product line, MV. This groundbreaking family of security cameras uses Meraki’s cloud infrastructure to deliver easy-to-implement machine learning and computer vision to our customers.
You will also work with our cloud-managed sensors team -- an innovative, fast paced team building Meraki's latest product line of environmental sensors. The Meraki MT environmental sensors system is powerful, secure, and does not rely on any on-premise servers, making it fast and easy to deploy one to hundreds of sensors per site.
Meraki believes the quality of our products is dependent on the quality of our teams. We place a high value on cultivating the growth and development of our people. We value collaboration. We give and get feedback early and often, share what we know, and learn from each other.
While our team’s primary focus is on software, we also find opportunities to collaborate with teams across the organization and think about how to improve the entire customer journey.Responsibilities:
- Design mobile experiences that allow users to intuitively navigate and make sense of several months of video.
- Craft mobile experiences designed to monitor events from sensors and present cohesive analytics.
- Identify the right problems to solve, run and synthesize research, sketch and prototype solutions, make hi-fi visuals.
- Iterate based on peer feedback, user research, usability testing, analytics, and other data.
- Collaborate with partners in product management and engineering to define problems and explore solutions. Build effective working relationships and bring the wider team into the design process.
- Present persuasively. Be able to tell the story of a project and to precisely articulate design rationale.
- Advocate for prioritization of design-centered product enhancements grounded in research and analysis.
- Evangelize the impact of design with business partners.
- Experience designing native Android, iOS and iPadOS apps, plus fluency with all mobile UI patterns.
- Designed solutions for complex domains and workflows, understanding the complexities to make them simpler and more approachable.
- Shipped well-crafted and elegant mobile designs.
- Established relationships with product teams (including engineering and product management), grew their understanding of design, and worked cross-functionally to define and prioritize problems.
- Dug deeper to understand the user needs behind feature requests.
- Balanced exploring a space and developing a vision with shipping often and iteratively.
- Worked with developers to understand trade-offs and to ensure that the details are done right.
- 6+ years of mobile design experience.
- Established, documented, and/or evolved a design system.
- UX research skills.
- Familiarity with agile principles, project management methodologies and tools.
Does this sound like you? We’d love to hear from you! Please include a link to your online portfolio.
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.