From our employee experience to our products, design matters at Sprout Social. We’re looking for a Senior Product Designer to join our team as we continue to build beautiful, helpful and easy-to-use software that powers human connection.
As a Senior Product Designer, you’ll be surrounded by smart, ambitious and caring teammates that want to build great things, together. You’ll own the experience of key areas in our software. From project kickoff to release, you’ll have your hand in the direction of what we make, how we make it and how we tell its story. You’ll put all of your design skills on display. Even better: you’ll learn new ones along the way.
Collaboration and partnership is key for everyone working at Sprout Social. In Product Design, you’ll partner with other designers, engineers, product managers, marketers, and senior executives. With our feedback-driven culture, you’ll run workshops to get project input while offering helpful advice of your own to others.
We’re looking to see you flex your understanding of our business, users and industry in addition to designing beautiful UI. You’ll have the chance to demonstrate your Product Design acumen through example -- leveraging your strong aptitude, rigor and application of all of your craft skills. We’re amped to hear your favorite quantitative and qualitative research methods. We can’t wait to see your prototypes in Figma or even code. Hopefully we’ll learn new design practices from you, too!Qualifications These are the minimum qualifications that our hiring team is looking for in this role:
- A passion for understanding and solving complex problems in order to enhance the lives of our customers
- A honed set of full stack design skills and a portfolio that showcases not only what you’ve shipped, but the impact it had
- Ability to thrive in highly collaborative environments, proactively working across teams and disciplines to deliver unified experiences
Additionally, these are the preferred qualifications that would indicate a particularly strong candidate:
- Experience implementing rigorous research practices to ensure we aren’t just shipping product - we’re shipping value
- Confidence in exercising divergent and convergent thinking, with the ability to create and activate a team against a vision
- Evidence of cross-device and systems thinking, with a commitment to uphold and evolve quality standards through contributions to our design system
We’ve got a great culture, and we’re looking forward to you adding your own influence to all that we do.Within 1 month, you will…
- Experience Sprout’s in-depth onboarding, covering everything from our company mission and values, hearing directly from executives and founders, to deep training on our products and the value that Sprout delivers to our customers.
- Make a plan with your manager to set initial priorities, align on expectations for your role, plant goalposts for your career, and learn about Sprout’s approach to building products.
- Meet all of the designers on our team, getting a lowdown on our design system, tools and file structures, and learn how Product Design partners with every other organization in the company.
- Get to know your counterparts within our product organization and form important bonds with your Product Managers and Engineers.
- Learn how Sprout has done things to date, and think about how we make our Product Design team and processes even better going forward!
- Attend product planning, stand-ups and all other productive rituals across the wide range of teams you’ll be a part of.
- Talk to customers, collaborate with your team and begin designing real world work!
- Take advantage of Sprout’s ‘Focus Days’—a day dedicated to no meetings so everyone can focus on the work that we’ve committed to.
- Present your research, insights and design explorations with partners across Design, Engineering and Product Management and executives.
- Influence Product Design team initiatives that help advance our practice and improve our efficiency and effectiveness as a team.
- Share your own tactics, processes, and favorite things about being a maker while geeking out with fellow designers within the broader Design organization at Sprout.
- Continue career conversations with your manager and make sure you’re working not just toward the goals of the company, but your personal growth goals as well.
- Deepen your influence on our design and product strategy as you learn more about our customers and industry.
- Run your own design workshops to bring together engineers, product managers, and other people around the company to collaborate on defining and designing great user experiences.
- Ship work into the world and get real user feedback so that we can continue to make our work even better.
- Have learned a lot about what works and what doesn’t on our team and in our product. You’ll help us think through how we make Sprout even better for the next year ahead!
Note: When applying, please share a link to a portfolio that showcases your recent work.
About Sprout Social
Sprout Social powers open communication between individuals, brands and communities through elegant, sophisticated software. We are relentless about solving hard problems for our customers and committed to both customer and team success. Our team’s shared belief in Sprout’s mission promotes a culture of openness, empowerment and fun.
We’re proud to regularly be recognized for our team, product and culture. Our benefits program includes:
- Insurance and benefit options that are built for both individuals and families
- Progressive policies to support work/life balance, like our flexible paid time off and parental leave program
- High-quality and well-maintained equipment—your computer will never prevent you from doing your best
- Wellness initiatives to ensure both health and mental well-being of our team
- Ongoing education and development opportunities via our [email protected] program, employee-led diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives and mentorship programs for aspiring leaders
- Growing corporate social responsibility program that is driven by the involvement and passion of our team members
- Beautiful, convenient and state-of-the-art offices in Chicago’s Loop and downtown Seattle, for those who prefer an office setting
Whenever possible, Sprout wants to provide our team with the flexibility to work in the location that makes the most sense for them. For those that prefer an office setting, this role may be based in our Chicago or Seattle locations. If you prefer to work from your home, we can accommodate that for many locations across the United States. We are not set up in all states, however, so please take a look at the drop down box in our application to see whether your state is listed.
Sprout Social is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and an Affirmative Action Employer. We do not discriminate based on identity- race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex (including sexual identity), age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, veteran or military status, unfavorable discharge from military service, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, order of protection status, citizenship status, arrest record or expunged or sealed convictions, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law. Learn more about our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion in our 2020 DEI Report.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. We'll do all we can to ensure you're set up for success during our interview process while upholding your privacy, including requests for accommodation. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please click here (1) Equal Opportunity Employment Poster (2) Sprout Social's Affirmative Action Statement (3) Pay Transparency Statement.
Additionally, Sprout Social participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.