Senior Product Designer - Chicago or US-Remote
LogicGate is a venture-backed, Chicago-based technology company that needs YOU to help us as we continue to disrupt the wide world of GRC (governance, risk and compliance). At LogicGate, you’ll join a group of bright, welcoming people ready to learn, grow, and do the right thing for our customers.
LogicGate is looking for a Senior Product Designer that is excited to play a key role in building a robust platform that helps organizations operationalize and automate their risk management and compliance programs. You will be joining the Product Team, reporting directly to the Director of Product Design and working alongside PMs and Engineers as a key contributor to our platform.
We are looking for someone that has cross–functional collaboration built into their DNA. Who believes that partnering with all business units and functions is essential to generating the best work and product experience. We want someone who is humble, but has the confidence needed to lead an initiative from discovery to launch.
The ideal candidate is excited about participating in the research needed to better understand complex problems and using those insights to solve for them. They understand that great design starts with identifying pain points and gathering insights with users and domain experts through collaboration and co–creation. They also understand that iteration is an important piece to improving the user experience. This role requires a candidate to have the ability to switch between high–level design thinking and hands–on design work. We are interested in well–rounded individuals who are naturally inquisitive and passionate about solving for complex user experiences.
You will not only have the opportunity to make a huge impact on the platform, but also in building the design function and work culture at LogicGate.
What you’d achieve:
- Guiding not only what the product should look and feel like, but also what should be built, why, and how.
- Being a strong voice and domain expert for best practices around the full user experience (information hierarchy, interactions, and visual design).
- Building a shared understanding for Design across the org around features, processes, and initiatives.
- Constant advocate for all of our users, both internal and external.
- Synthesizing different inputs of quantitative and qualitative data to inform solutions.
- Defining and refining solutions through a variety of methods: user flows, wireframes, high–fidelity mock–ups, prototypes (as needed).
- Taking Design ownership for features or initiatives that you are responsible for, from start to finish.
- Leading meetings and facilitating group discussions.
- Being responsible for providing Engineers with any assets or resources needed during development, UAT, and launch.
The value you’d bring:
- A minimum of 4 years experience designing usable experiences, preferably in-house on teams with a single product or at a larger company on an individual product line.
- BA or BS in Design or similar field.
- An online portfolio or case studies demonstrating your involvement crafting great user–centered design solutions from discovery to launch.
- Excellent communication skills. You should be able to clearly articulate your thought process and decisions across the organization.
- Leading design projects from requirement to launch (with real-world examples).
- Deep experience designing interfaces for complex systems and digital products.
- Able to take direction and work with others cross-functionally. It's important to have conviction in your work, but you must value the feedback of your team and internal partners.
- High attention to detail, including proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
- Effective in a self–motivated environment to gather the information you need to complete your work effectively.
- Very competent in Sketch and/or Figma as a design tool.
- Very competent with at least one or more of these tools for prototyping: Axure, Figma, Proto, or Marvel.
- Some experience running design-focused exercises and studies such as: usability studies, preference tests, tree tests, or card sorts.
What we have to offer:
- Work Environment
- Regular cadence of communication organization wide like monthly All Hands meetings.
- Highly collaborative, cross functional environment leveraging all the right tools no matter your location.
- Commitment to the growth of our employees through various frameworks including an Emerging Leaders Program.
- Social activities (yes, even remotely!) where we can come together and celebrate all that we’ve accomplished like an amazing anniversary party or talent show!
- Time Off; 33 business days in first year of employment
- 16 Days PTO
- 9 Company Holidays (Memorial Day, Juneteenth, Thanksgiving, etc.) PLUS two floating holidays annually
- 6 Health Days (Mental & Physical)
- Equitable Parental Leave Policy
- Blue Cross Blue Shield for Medical, Dental and Vision
- LogicGate covers 80% of employee premiums
- 401(k) Match Program
- Flex Rewards
- Monthly funds on Zestful debit card to be leveraged by the employee (cell phone, streaming services, child care, dog walker)
- Partial ownership of company through stock options
Here are just a few things we’ve been up to recently:
- We’ve secured $40M in total funding to help us continue our mission
- We earned our placement as the #1 GRC Solution on the G2 Grid —an honor we’ve received many times over!
- We were included on Built In Chicago’s list of Best Small Companies to Work For in 2020, Crain's Chicago Business 2020 Best Places to Work and Chicago Tribune Top Workplaces 2020 !
Not too familiar with GRC? That’s ok—a lot of us weren’t when we were in your shoes either. Here’s what you need to know:
- GRC stands for governance, risk management, and compliance
- GRC professionals help their companies manage uncertainty, act with integrity, and stay on the right side of the law. Bottom line: they keep their companies on the right track.
- GRC is a huge market, and growing fast. Not only is it a $35 billion industry today, it’s predicted to grow to $64 billion by 2025. This is what we’re going after!