Founded in 2013, Home Chef is the leading meal solutions company with both a retail and online presence. Available online at homechef.com and in retail at more than 2,100 Kroger grocery stores, Home Chef is committed to inspiring and enabling more people to cook simple, delicious meals, no matter how busy they are.
Similar to our recipes, we recognize that variety is the spice of life, and therefore, our employees also bring their uniqueness and color to our fantastic team. We’re eager to work with humble team players and pragmatic next-level thinkers to innovate on Home Chef’s offerings.
While most of us continue to work remotely, our newly renovated headquarters at the Old Post Office is open for voluntary return to work. Our organization is closely following the evolving COVID-19 pandemic and will share updates on our 2022 return to the office plan as soon as any decisions are made.
Our technology product teams build software that connects our customers to their dinner plans. Product designers are valued collaborators, from idea to implementation. This role is responsible for designing high-quality improvements to our digital products and seeing them through to implementation.
Design interfaces that improve our customer’s experience and solve business problems:
- Work through design problems from beginning to end, moving from concept to implementation, and designing the detailed user flows, wireframes, and interactions to make them a reality
- Iterate designs based on user testing, analytics, and feedback from team members
- Work closely with engineers as they build and ship ideas and help develop strong handoff and QA practices
- Create visual design assets, such as icons and illustrations, that are in line with Home Chef’s design system and brand
Influence product vision and strategy:
- Work with product managers and stakeholders to shape large sections of Home Chef’s digital experience
- Contribute to product decisions by deeply understanding the problems customers face and visually exploring solutions through customer journeys, service blueprints, and user flows
- Effectively communicate the impact design choices have on the product and user behavior
- Set up and perform rapid UX tests to gather actionable data that will inform design decisions
- Identify opportunities for user research or experiments that will influence product direction
Contribute to a growing design practice:
- Leverage and maintain Home Chef’s design system
- Proactively identify small and large UX and usability issues
- Regularly share your work and what you’re learning with the design team and product teams
- 4+ years experience designing digital products for desktop and mobile
- Ability to design detailed, high-fidelity mockups using Figma or Sketch
- Ability to create interactive prototypes using tools like Figma, Marvel, and Keynote
- Ability to clearly and concisely articulate design decisionsComfortable with ambiguity, and learning through experimentation
- Excellent visual and written communication skillsFamiliarity with HTML and CSSA growth mindset with a desire to make things better
- Experience conducting user research is a plus, but not required
- General high school degree, or equivalent, (e.g. GED)
The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, ability and/or other characteristics needed for this role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities.
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance – benefits start the 1st day of the month following your start date
- Company paid Life Insurance, Short Term Disability and Long Term Disability
- 401k Employer match - 50% on the $1, up to 6% of the employee's earnings
- We offer flexible spending accounts (FSA) for qualified Medical, Dependent Care, Parking, or Transit expenses
- Flexible paid time off (PTO) policy, plus sick days
- Generous Parental Leave
- Great Work/Life Balance – We value and support each individual team member
- Quarterly company-wide “Town Hall” meetings
- Ongoing professional development opportunities by level and function
- Your choice of Windows or Mac laptop, plus an extra screen
- Onsite gym
- Weekly Fooda credit
- Newly renovated office in the historic Old Main Post Office which is located close to multiple Metra and CTA options
- Employee discounts through Perkspot
- Discounts on Home Chef meal kits and at Kroger stores
- Casual dress in a fun, friendly and collaborative work environment
Candidates can experience Home Chef as a customer - enter promo code PEOPLE30 for $30 off your first order!
How We Work Together
We are humble team players.
We are warm and gracious with team members and customers. We seek feedback to improve ourselves - and respectfully listen to and accept input.
We are pragmatic next-level thinkers.
We come up with novel and unique ideas. We explore new strategies to avoid being constrained by conventional thinking.
We take ownership.
We approach ambiguous problems, prepared to dive in, get curious, and learn more. We are results-driven, always challenging ourselves to exceed goals.
Be at Home at Home Chef
We all show up authentically at Home Chef. Our team includes individuals with a variety of identities, backgrounds, and perspectives. You can trust that you’ll be able to bring your whole self to an inclusive and enjoyable workplace.
We welcome people of all races, colors, religions, national origin or ancestry, sex (including sexual identity), age, physical or mental disabilities, pregnancy, veteran or military status, unfavorable discharge from military service, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, order of protection status, citizenship status, arrest record or expunged/sealed convictions, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law.
Home Chef is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, Home Chef will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact our People team at [email protected]
Home Chef is an equal opportunity employer.
To view the California Applicant notice click here