Pangea offers a smarter way for people to move money around the world to friends and family. Founded in 2012, Pangea started with a mission to revolutionize the remittance industry by providing customers a powerful, easy-to-use mobile application to send money internationally. Since then, we have grown to offer additional products and services to help underbanked immigrants gain financial independence.
Pangea operates as an independent subsidiary under Enova International (NYSE: ENVA). Also headquartered in Chicago, Enova is a leading financial technology company offering accessible credit to millions of customers. Together, Pangea and Enova are on a mission to help hardworking people get access to fair financial services.
As Pangeans, we value introspection, accountability, empowerment, excellence, and above all, kindness. We believe in a fierce dedication to customer experience. We know that diversity is the key to innovation and creativity. If you have a growth mindset and you thrive under pressure, you’re a great fit for our team!
About the role
Pangea is seeking a Senior Product Designer to join our growing Product team. This role will own the design aesthetic and user experience of Pangea’s web and mobile applications, which allow our customers to send money to their loved ones securely and efficiently. As a Product Designer, you will help us define and deliver clean, intuitive, and appealing UX experiences to our users as we continue to evolve and grow our offering. Successful candidates will deeply understand the customer journey and own the product vision from a high level as well as execute designs at a detailed level.
As Senior Product Designer at Pangea, you will:
- Design frictionless customer-focused UX experiences & solutions that address business and user requirements while considering and owning the entire customer experience.
- Co-lead ideation and create innovative concepts that meet Product’s and Marketing’s business objectives and requirements while helping our customers achieve their goals
- Define the user experience including elements of visual design; working directly with the product and engineering teams to execute a consistent experience across platforms.
- Deliver wireframes, site maps, user & process flows, design documentation, prototypes, design assets, and other UX deliverables.
- Prepare and conduct user validation and/or usability testing sessions and other forms of qualitative and quantitative customer research; and developing user profiles, personas and scenarios
- Maintain and enhance the Pangea style guide making it easier to deliver software across our desktop and mobile applications.
- Run usability studies, collecting and reacting to direct user feedback and product metrics.
- Optimize funnels and user flows, directly impacting customer retention and activation.
- Drive and implement best practice for improving our design workflows and design documents; and scale design standards as we grow.
The ideal candidate will have:
- At least 5 years of professional experience.
- Experience leading design for mobile consumer applications.
- Excellence in interactive design and competence with visual design.
- Experience with user research, prototyping wireframes and exploring solutions.
- Ability to actively and constantly collaborate, turning ideas into meaningful and impactful experiences.
- Experience providing comprehensive UX documentation that takes the ambiguity out of the design experience for product managers and developers.
- Ability to deliver on short-term needs that fit into the long-term vision, including creating sketches and user flows, wireframes, interactive prototypes, and polished, production-ready user interface and visual designs.
- Familiarity with data tracking tools like Mixpanel or Google Analytics and funnel optimization best practices will be an added plus.
- Knowledge in experience planning, conducting and performing user experience study activities such as one-on-one interviews, prototyping, concept testing, surveys, usability testing, etc. as well as evaluating and compiling the results is a strong plus
- Knowledge of current digital technologies and interactive capabilities across devices is a strong plus
- Passion for working in a fast-paced, results-driven startup environment.
- You’re a self-starter with excellent time management skills.
- Fluent in Spanish is a plus
Pangea is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
Read Full Job Description