Senior Product Designer
Kapow, now a Cvent company, is an industry-leading event platform that allows companies to find, book and manage memorable, scalable and essential corporate events. We help companies grow revenue quickly by combining 10,000+ unique, pre-packaged experiences, national partnerships with restaurants, retailers and other special event venues, and the service and expertise of local event experts. Kapow empowers customers to drive stakeholder collaboration, boost attendance, fill pipeline, measure success and produce bottom-line results from their event programs. Headquartered in Chicago, we operate all over the U. S. and in select international markets.
Cvent is a leading cloud-based enterprise event management platform that offers software solutions to event planners for online event registration, venue selection, event management, mobile apps for events, e-mail marketing and web surveys. Our solutions optimize the entire event management value chain and have enabled clients around the world to manage hundreds of thousands of meetings and events.
The fast-paced Kapow User Experience team is looking for an A-caliber Product Designer capable of being a champion for innovative experiences for corporate events. You should enjoy using your UI, information and interaction design skills to lead the charge for award winning experiences. We value smart people moving at an informed and accelerated pace. We employ the basic processes of Agile to keep the focus on smart people making informed decisions; daily scrums, sprint-release schedule, demos and lively retrospectives where we continuously iterate on our process. Above all, we are a team that cares deeply about the final product.
What You Will Be Doing
Sr. Product Designers are highly skilled user experienced professionals. You will focus on information architecture, user flow design, interaction design, and user research on medium to large sized projects. You will independently manage your projects, but work closely with a design manager or principal designer. You will often be the resident expert on a specific product or area of a product. You will work with Agile sprint teams championing human-centered design and help shape design practices that work best with Agile Methods.
- Solve complex problems and drive multiple medium-to-large scale efforts simultaneously.
- Approach each project with consideration for the larger Cvent platform and business model. Deeply understand multiple products beyond your own product area, and be mindful of touchpoints in the overall user journey across the platform.
- Create proposals for design and research plans with guidance from the leads. Author and maintain UX briefs and prioritize design activities.
- Design for broad user base with multiple personas and scenarios. Dive into existing user research, metrics and balance with intuition and sensibility.
- Conduct or participate in usability tests and apply learnings to enhance your designs. Be comfortable talking to customers for research purposes.
- Confidently present designs to peers, stakeholders and leadership, and articulate rationales behind design decisions.
- Lead and facilitate design collaboration sessions and reviews. Proactively seek feedback and input from those involved in the projects.
- Embrace and adopt our product design system – UX standards, best practices, styles, patterns and guidelines – as well as contribute to it by introducing emerging design techniques and their appropriate usage.
- Mentor and guide junior designers and their work within your projects.
- Visualize and communicate design solutions via workflow diagrams, storyboards, click-through wireframes, high-fidelity screens (utilizing our style guides), and design documentations., supporting a sprint team executing multiplatform designs through to release.
What You Need for this Position
- Master's degree in HCI, Design or a related field with 1-2 years of work experience.
- Bachelor's degree in HCI, Design, or a related field or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years of experience as a UX professional at a technology company or agency.
- Expert in design, presentation, and prototyping tools (e.g., Sketch and InVision).
- An understanding of user research methodologies.
Nice To Have
- Experience conducting your own user research with prototypes.
- Understanding of the front-end frameworks for different OS platforms (e.g., React, Angular, Ember, iOS, Android).
- Knowledge of hospitality industry is a plus.
Cvent maintains a drug-free workplace