Senior Product Designer at Showpad
Showpad is the leading sales enablement platform for the modern seller. Showpad’s all-in-one platform empowers sales and marketing teams to engage buyers through industry-leading training and coaching software and innovative sales content and engagement solutions.
At Showpad, personalities and cultures connect across oceans to create something extraordinary. As a top 10 software company in the Inc. 5,000 Europe list, Showpad is changing the game when it comes to sales enablement. Our employees create the engagement and impact that drives our success as we expand globally.
In the morning, we’re drinking San Francisco cold brew coffee with a side of Portland doughnuts – English scones for afternoon tea, and in the evening we’re toasting success with Belgian tripel Westmalle to a Chicago house tune.About the position
We’re looking for a Senior Product Designer to join our product team based in our Chicago office. You’ll work closely with other designers, product managers, engineers, support and sales teams to define and deliver experiences across Showpad suite of products that directly impact thousands of businesses around the world.Primary responsibilities as a Senior Product Designer at Showpad
- Deliver UX solutions that measurably improve the core workflows of our target users.
- Design mental models, end-to-end journeys, and user interfaces for Showpad software products.
- Develop storyboards, wireframes, mockups, and prototypes that effectively communicate interaction and design intent.
- Produce artifacts and organize workshops and research for both formative and evaluative studies.
- Work closely with product managers and engineers to build the best possible experience for our users
As a Senior Product Designer you are multifaceted and can identify as a service, interaction, motion, and visual designer. You enjoy complex design challenges, concepting and validating ideas with customer research, building prototypes, and iterating to optimize your design solution.
You care about all the details of design both on and off the screen and thrive in a collaborative environment that values team over titles.
Empathetic: You are empathetic, approachable, and engender trust and confidence. You have the ability to understand and identify with another person’s context, emotions, goals, motivations and underlying needs to develop problem-solving approaches and guide decision making.
Commitment to learn: You are curious and with an appetite for learning by showing inquisitiveness and an openness to viewing mistakes and an opportunity to learn and improve.
Proactiveness and drive: You can see a business need or opportunity, a situation to be reconciled, or a question to be asked; and take the initiative to assess necessary next steps that move the ball down the field.
Awareness of Systems: You exhibit systemic thinking about all of our projects — considering how an isolated piece may impact a larger system, or defining a system that can be used by other designers. You consider how your work fits within the whole user experience.
Effective Communicator: You are able to effectively and confidently communicate in a clear, collaborative and open-minded manner with both technical and non-technical peers verbally and/or visually.
Adaptability: You are nimble and demonstrate capability to navigate ambiguity and defining those ambiguities into clear insights and ideas.
Collaborative: You demonstrate an ability to build productive working relationships at all levels across the organization, and have the ability to inspire and facilitate collaboration with others.
Strategic: You demonstrate the ability to think about high-level product vision, understand how to effectively balance user needs, business goals, and technical considerations.
- At least 3 – 5 years of experience in a related position, experience designing for mobile and web experiences
- Exceptional portfolio featuring examples of shipped product design work
- Expertise in Sketch, InVision, and other prototyping tools
- Effective time and project management skills
- Experience in SaaS or analytics is a plus
- Energy, passion, and a healthy sense of humor
- Willingness to travel occasionally to Europe (Belgium or London, once or twice per quarter)
- Flexible and able to collaborate effectively in a distributed global team with having sufficient hours of overlap and keeping the 6-7 hour timezone difference in mind.
When applying, please include a resume and a PDF or link to an online portfolio.
What you can expect from Showpad
Focus on Impact and Growth
We are building the future in sales and marketing where every team member is successful. As an international scale-up, we aim for yearly double digit growth that opens many opportunities. We want people who thrive in a fast-paced, performance-driven company, who are not afraid to stretch themselves in a fun environment, and focus on impact and growth.