Senior Product Designer
Senior Product Designer
Chicago, Illinois | Product Experience
Our Agreement with Employees
DocuSign is committed to building trust and making the world more agree-able for our employees, customers and the communities in which we live and work. You can count on us to listen, be honest, and try our best to do what’s right, every day. At DocuSign, everything is equal. We each have a responsibility to ensure every team member has an equal opportunity to succeed, to be heard, to exchange ideas openly, to build lasting relationships, and to do the work of their life. Best of all, you will be able to feel deep pride in the work you do, because your contribution helps us make the world better than we found it. And for that, you’ll be loved by us, our customers, and the world in which we live.
Our Product Experience team focuses on our customers and their business needs. We contribute from the concept all the way to the building of world-class product experiences by partnering with Product Managers, Program Managers, Software Engineers and other cross-functional teams. Together, we are a team of craftspeople who aim to make the complex look easy. We employ insights, pixels, and words to solve big problems and make delightful experiences.
As a Senior Product Designer, you will design elegant, customer-focused web and/or mobile applications for millions of DocuSign users around the globe. You will be responsible for the user interface, its architecture, interaction, user research and visual design across platforms. You are a talented, passionate, efficient designer with strong analytic skills and an inventive storyteller. You collaborate with colleagues with ease and bring cross-functional teams together around a common vision. You welcome feedback from a wide variety of stakeholders and research ideas, and tap your intuition to make the right decision in the absence of definitive facts. You adeptly balance business needs with simple, engaging, user-centered solutions. You are adept at working in an Agile/Scrum product development environment that is cross-functional and highly collaborative.
This position reports to the Manager, Product Design.
- Define the product direction, own the design, execution, and measure ongoing improvements against short and long-term goals.
- Design simple solutions for complex workflows including all design deliverables
- Create a cohesive cross-product experience including contributing to a style guide and pattern library
- Identify opportunities where research can inspire, optimize or evaluate the design
- Drive teams to prioritize, execute and ship against multiple deadlines, developing processes as needed
- BA/BS degree or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 8 years of experience designing consumer, enterprise and mobile user experiences for a large-scale web service
- Minimum of 2 years of experience managing and mentoring junior team members in design and usability
- Excellent at communicating up and across organizations
- You’re a creative problem solver and natural communicator who clearly articulates design decisions and tells compelling stories that inspire action.
- You believe that designers have a responsibility for what we put into the world and you care deeply about shipping work that reflects well on your team and your company’s brand.
- You’re curious, open-minded and ego-free. You have a growth mindset and thrive on continuous learning.
- You’re a deep thinker and natural communicator who clearly articulates design decisions and tells compelling stories that inspire action.
DocuSign® helps organizations connect and automate how they prepare, sign, act on, and manage agreements. As part of the DocuSign Agreement Cloud, DocuSign offers eSignature: the world's #1 way to sign electronically on practically any device, from almost anywhere, at any time. Today, hundreds of thousands of customers and hundreds of millions of users in over 180 countries use DocuSign to accelerate the process of doing business and simplify people's lives. Plus, we save more trees together! And that’s a good thing.
DocuSign is an Equal Opportunity Employer. DocuSign is committed to building a diverse team of talented individuals who bring different perspectives to the discussion and who feel a sense of inclusion and belonging when they join our team. Individuals seeking employment at DocuSign are considered without regards to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, or any other legally protected category.