About the company
Equilibria (“EQ”) is a high-growth, omni-channel premium CBD platform for women. We are dedicated to restoring balance to our community — physically and mentally — through our high-quality CBD products, personalized dosage support, and digital journey accompaniment. We are the ONLY CBD company with a dedicated team for 1-on-1 consults and education, and we are deeply mission-oriented. Thousands of women… and their sisters, mothers, grandmothers, and daughters … trust us to provide consistent, medical-grade products, month after month.
Corporate Headquarters: River North, Chicago; Bioscience + Farm Operations: Longmont, CO.
[Click here to read more about our origin story]
To continue leading in the CBD and cannabis education space, Equilibria requires a Senior UI Designer to bring our next level of e-commerce & software vision to life. We are dedicated to this vision of an amazing digital experience for our multi-generational customer base!
The right candidate for us is self-driving, and fueled by problem-solving through design and passion for the mission: every day we improve quality of life for our fiercely loyal customer base. Additionally, this is a fast-paced environment in an industry (cannabis) zeitgeist, so thinking on your feet while being a team player is an absolute must. As a direct-to-consumer business with a heavy focus on subscription, ideal candidates will have experience with e-commerce, subscription, and/or DtC online businesses. 2/3 or all 3 is a big plus. We are also looking for this candidate to demonstrate a true understanding of consumer-driven internet behaviors and best-in-class digital experience.
Candidates with team management experience are encouraged to apply, as our design team is rapidly growing. In addition to a portfolio of documented UI success, any design experience that includes UX, email, or print should be included where applicable.
Compensation and title will be commensurate with experience. Equilibria will contribute toward medical insurance, for which we offer multiple options of coverage and premium. We also give every employee a monthly CBD allowance, along with a 401k and other perks.
- Competitive analysis around e-commerce and software design in the CBD/cannabis space as well as analog verticals
- Brand-savvy, problem-solving UI design for e-commerce and software (both consumer-facing and internal/tool) features/functionality, mobile first (80% of our traffic is mobile!).
- Maintaining cohesion of design journey from web to [via collaboration with other designers] physical product/print/email and back to web – our CBD products change lives, but myEQ.com is what enables customers to happily/easily stay on subscription, and engage in meaningful educational experiences.
- Coordinating external review and approval cycles with product management, engineering, and key stakeholders outside of the department
- Perform design-related UAT/QA where applicable
- 5+ years experience in digital/UI design with a demonstrated track record of released product
- E-commerce and/or relevant consumer digital product experience required
- Strong understanding of product & software process/lifecycle
- Patience for startup lifestyle
- Great communication skills. Ability to effectively advocate for the user, stakeholders, and the vision. Handle conflict and contention with grace, clarity and strength.
- Passion for women’s healthcare/wellbeing and Equilibria’s mission
- Positive attitude, even with deadlines looming
Equilibria strives for a diverse workplace. Candidates are evaluated without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.