How you'll make an impact:
Our mission is to help heal healthcare and we are in a unique position to do so. As a designer on our Product team, you will help many of the nation's leading hospitals make better decisions with their financial, operational, and clinical data so they can care for their communities while reducing the cost of care.This Senior UI Designer role is all about solving complex problems and focuses on the ideation through build parts of the design process. Some examples of how you'll help:
To thrive in this role, you must:
- Make complicated and time-consuming processes such as budgeting or staffing nurses to meet patient demand easier, faster, and more accurate
- Create solutions that account for the needs of both small and large hospital systems, which may have vastly different operations
- Bring usability improvements and consistency to our platform of many solutions through our design system
A Day in the Life:
- Love complex workflows with many edge cases
- Fearlessly dig into financial data and calculations to understand our users' needs
- Question your own assumptions to design thoughtful solutions to those problems
- Participate in problem discovery and research activities led by UX architects and product managers
- Participate in design critique, present to stakeholders, moderate usability tests, iterate on your designs based on feedback, and support developers throughout the build
- Contribute to our design system, having become an expert in our system's styles, patterns, and usage guidelines
- Both mentor and learn from other designers on the team
- Promote transparency and collaboration with product managers, developers, designers, documentation writers, and other stakeholders by asking tough questions, discussing new ideas, and remaining open to opposing viewpoints
What we're looking for:
- Brainstorm concepts with your UX architect counterpart
- Ask your very patient product manager to explain that one metric to you again because you have so many questions now that you've had time to think about it
- Geek out over interactive data grid functionality
- Debrief with your team on the new things you learned from usability testing
- Guide your team through the pros and cons of your solutions along with your decision-making process
- Make life easier for your developer friends by listening to their concerns, answering their questions about your Figma prototype, and helping them use our design system correctly
- Have entire Slack conversations with other designers using nothing but custom emojis
Thinking about applying?
- Relevant product design experience; SaaS, finance, or healthcare experience highly preferred
- Demonstrated ability to understand and explain complex subject matter
- Demonstrated ability to maintain high design standards while working within real constraints
- A body of past work that showcases strong core UI design skills including interaction design, visual design, data visualization, and attention to detail
- Fluency with HTML/CSS
- Experience with React components a plus
- Experience implementing accessibility guidelines a plus
Research shows that women and underrepresented groups tend to apply to jobs only when they check every box on a job posting. If you're currently reading this and hesitating to click "Apply" for that reason, we encourage you to go for it! A true passion and excitement for making an impact is just as important as work experience.If you have a portfolio ready to go, we'd love to see it. If not, apply anyway! We'll ask to see work later in the process, but we don't expect a polished online portfolio.Here @ Strata…
Who we are:We are committed to our mission to help heal healthcare. Our culture is driven by our people solving problems together. We embrace learning, collaboration, and continuous career growth. Together, we lift our customers, our products, our company, and our community. We believe that each of our team member's unique perspectives and experiences is what drives innovation and positive change. Our individual differences are what make us a more forward-thinking organization. We foster a culture of inclusion, equity and belonging, regardless of race, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Our values:Here at Strata, we are guided by a set of principles called the StrataWay. These values keep us honest and ensure that we are always representing ourselves and our organization as best we can. They are at the core of who we are and how we support one another.
- Serve: We partner with our customers to provide quality solutions that will make their lives easier. We extend service to our community to drive purposeful change.
- Pro: We show up every day as the best version of ourselves. We treat others as we would want to be treated (and then some). We commit to getting better every day in everything that we do, upholding the highest level of integrity even in the face of challenges.
- Rock: Our work makes a meaningful impact, no matter what role we play on the team. We are open and receptive to new ways of doing things, always innovating, and never becoming complacent.
- Grow: We are life-long learners and embrace change that will help us grow professionally and personally. We embrace a culture of feedback and acknowledge that progress is more important than perfection.
Our Impact:Strata Decision Technology provides an innovative set of software and service solutions to help healthcare providers better analyze, plan, and perform in support of caring for their community and reducing the cost of care. Our customer base includes over 2,000 hospitals and over 400 healthcare delivery systems. Founded in 1996, our mission is to Help Heal Healthcare™. For more information, please go to www.stratadecision.com.Strata is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices. This role is eligible for bonus based on both individual and company performance. Find out more about Strata benefits here.
Read Full Job Description