Senior UI UX Designer at OneMain Financial
OneMain Financial is the country’s largest lending-exclusive financial company. With nearly 1,600 branches across 44 states, we proudly offer safe, affordable and transparent installment loans to millions of hard-working people. Our customers turn to us to meet important financial needs, including debt consolidation, medical expenses, household bills, home improvements and auto purchases. OneMain is constantly innovating to serve customers when, where and how they want by investing in our technical digital capabilities. Our steadfast commitment to doing the right thing extends to our customers, our employees and the communities where we live and work – a mission that hasn’t changed for more than 100 years.
Our Digital team at OneMain Financial has the nimble, collaborative, and progressive approach of a startup while being financially backed by one of the nation’s largest lenders. We offer an opportunity to work in a collaborative and inclusive environment with people who value their work and who welcome fresh ideas. If a team member has an idea about improving our tech stack, our methodologies, or anything else, we want to hear it!
We are looking for a Senior UI/UX Designer to contribute to the success of our websites and mobile applications. The ideal candidate will be highly motivated, reliable, detailed, and driven to produce high quality work. This individual must thrive in a fast-paced environment.
What you will do
- Partner closely with Product Managers, UI Engineers, Marketing, and SEO to take conceptual ideas and turn them into functional and discoverable product features.
- Ask smart questions, take risks, and champion new ideas to push the evolution of our product, including online and offline cross-channel experiences
- Be our customer advocate -- talk to them, analyze their behavior, step into their shoes, and help us define and evolve our customer personas
- Lead and design elegant, simple, human-centric flows and experiences as we define new initiatives and iterate on existing features
- Give and solicit feedback from other designers, product management, and engineering during weekly reviews and standups
- Contribute to high-level strategic decisions and participate in ad-hoc whiteboarding sessions.
- Use, maintain, and expand a design system that delivers a consistent and on-brand experience throughout all of our digital experiences, both website and mobile apps.
Skills and experience you’ll need
- Minimum of 3 years designing mobile-first and responsive web pages
- Knowledge of UX best practices and trends
- Experience using Sketch (or would like to learn!)
- Experience creating functional prototypes
- Strong understanding of information hierarchy and typography
- Strong communication and presentation skills
Bonus points if you have
- A passion for building web and mobile app products
- Experience working in a startup environment
- Experience working in an agile environment
At OneMain, we understand that for our team members to be their best, they need the right opportunities and benefits. Our comprehensive benefits package for full-time and some part-time employees includes health and well-being options for team members and dependents, up to 4% matching 401(k), tuition reimbursement, continuing education, incentive pay, paid time off, paid volunteer time and more.
OneMain Holdings, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action (AA) employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identify, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.