Senior UI/UX Designer, Trucking Team at Flexport
Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easy for everyone. We are re-making a trillion dollar industry that touches every person on Earth, which means solving some of the global community’s most complex challenges. We are looking for makers who love learning, are passionate about collaborating, and desire to build solutions with a global impact.About The Trucking Team
The Flexport Trucking team is building a unified, efficient platform for our trucking partners to easily track and manage every delivery. UI/UX Designers collaborate with our close-knit team to shape the future of our web and mobile products. Combining both user research and product design skills, you will own your projects from conception to completion.What you'll do:
- Work with engineers and product managers to define both the long-term strategy and the short-term solutions for your product.
- Deeply understand your users through exploratory research and usability tests.
- Present work in a range of mediums and fidelities throughout the design process.
- Build prototypes to share and test concepts with stakeholders.
- Collaborate with cross-functional team to develop and expand our design system.
- Give and solicit feedback from other designers in order to continually raise our bar for quality.
- Provide mentorship to junior designers.
- 5+ years professional hands-on design experience to include some mobile design.
- Strong portfolio of product design work illustrating many successfully launched products.
- Demonstrated strategic product thinking and vision.
- Proven ability to bring projects from concept to completion.
- Expert understanding and application of user-centered design methods and principles.
- Experience working and collaborating with diverse teams in a dynamic, rapid growth environment.
- Ability to communicate design rationale to stakeholders.
- A degree in HCI, Graphic Design, or related field is preferred.