Senior User Experience Designer at Kin + Carta
Kin + Carta is a digital transformation organization. As one of the key strategic pillars, Kin + Carta Connect is a full-service digital agency that strategizes, designs, builds, implements, tests, and optimizes world-class, global, and multi-channel experiences.
As a Senior UX Designer, you are a talented and driven designer who partners with technology to make aesthetically beautiful, ground-breaking work that solves actual problems. You’re ready for hands-on projects at every stage of the lifecycle, from brainstorming creative concepts with the project team and developing original campaigns, to participating in client presentations and ensuring deadlines are met, all the way to launch.
As a Senior UX Designer, you are a talented and driven designer who partners with technology to create intuitive solutions to real, complex problems. You’re ready for hands-on projects at every stage of the lifecycle, from brainstorming creative concepts with the project team to participating in client presentations and ensuring deadlines are met, all the way to launch.Responsibilities
- Conducts research based on the UX strategy, leveraging different methods and activities as appropriate, with support from senior team members
- Synthesizes research to create insight-based personas, experience journeys and information architectures and is able to define and deliver the necessary documentation, with support from senior team members
- Designs key parts of the UX solution and is able to build the required fidelity of prototype to meet project goals
- Defines functional and interaction specs for all designed UIs to aid development
- Understands client KPIs and how they relate to data; uses analytics and other data to support decisions
- Assists in identifying where to implement analytics/tracking to measure success
We want all new hires to succeed in their roles at Kin + Carta. That's why we've outlined the job requirements below. To be considered for this role, it's important that you meet all Minimum Qualifications. If you do not meet all of the Preferred Qualifications, we still encourage you to apply.
- 2+ years’ experience in Experience Design, especially within Content and Commerce experience design and development
- Applied understanding of UX principles, best practices and approaches for creating multi-channel digital experiences
- Experience using Figma, Sketch and Invision, and has the ability to drive the creation of prototypes
- Has strong communication and presentation skills, with the ability to express and articulate concepts and work in presentation decks
- A balance between strategic thinking with a keen sense of aesthetics
- Has a flexible approach to problem solving and a true passion for innovation
- Excellent organizational and problem solving skills
- Proactive and willing to learn, develop and adapt
- Familiar with accessibility compliance concepts and requirements
- Experience creating and maintaining UI component libraries within Figma, Sketch, Zeplin
Kin + Carta exists to make the world work better by delivering transformative digital growth for our clients. As a digital transformation firm, we apply creativity, data, and technology to help clients invent, market, and operate new digital products and services that turn prospects into customers, and customers into advocates. Kin + Carta seamlessly integrates the strategic consulting, software engineering, and marketing technology needed to help businesses 'Make It Happen'.
Consultants at Kin + Carta have the opportunity to: engage with the most cutting-edge emerging technologies, solve difficult problems for some of the world’s biggest companies, and work within a breadth of industries.
Kin + Carta is headquartered in Chicago and London with offices across four continents. Our culture and shared ways of working unite us globally, but it’s our diverse specialisms, our connections, and our courage that makes our firm a recognized best place to work.
We welcome our Kin to show up as their full selves every day. Because this is so important to us, Kin + Carta is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. To read further about our commitment to Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Awareness, check out our IDEA page on our website.
If you need accommodations at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.