Join a fast-paced, innovative, data-driven startup named 2021 Best Tech Start ups In Chicago, that is changing the Supply Chain industry through real time tracking and end-to-end visibility.
The UX team is part of FourKites global product team and works across many types of brand and product initiatives at FourKites to more effectively and efficiently deliver products and experiences that fulfill user needs. In addition to conducting primary research, we also enable other FourKites (engineers, product managers, designers, operations, etc.) to learn and apply research skills to global problems. You will play a role in shaping how we build research as a core competency across FourKites and define how we put users first when conducting research. As a Senior UX Researcher, you will be dedicated to a product team and collaborate directly with product, engineering, and design teams. This would be an excellent opportunity for a seasoned qualitative researcher who is interested in building and applying their craft
- Lead critical research efforts and conduct complex multi-phase, mixed-method studies that deepen our understanding of the user experience and drive product strategy
- Work in a highly collaborative fashion as a strategic partner to business leads, product managers, designers, and engineers to define both the long-term strategy and the short-term tactics for our products by grounding these decisions in user needs and insights
- Prioritize research needs and approaches across multiple work streams to work on the right project, scale, and scope at the right time and ensure impact by delivering actionable insights
- Enable other UX team members to learn and apply research skills by building research programs, platforms, and toolkits that empower them to conduct tactical research
- Disseminate research insights to evolve and enhance FourKite’s understanding of user needs and identify innovative opportunities to meet those needs.
- Can conduct complex research at scale and demonstrate the use of a variety of research methods, which may include qualitative interviews, surveys, ideation sessions, ethnographic field research, usability evaluation, and diary studies. You might be a mixed-methods researcher, however your strength is in qualitative research
- Have 5+ years relevant user research experience working on digital experiences and specialize in generating actionable insights that drive impact; with a plus if your work includes developer-focused, B2B or enterprise products
- Can lead, design, execute, and communicate impactful research in a fast-paced, earlier stage product development process and know how to integrate research into product and design roadmaps
- Have a desire to do hands-on research on an early-stage team, from planning and recruiting to analysis and insights delivery
- Tell compelling stories and are skilled in explaining your work, process, and decisions to cross-functional stakeholders and crave feedback to help you produce your best work
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills and use them to effectively roll out large scale research programs
- Relentlessly focus on users and solving for their needs and wants. You put users first and have experience driving impact from insights
- Can successfully set and achieve priorities that find the perfect balance between benefiting the project, the Research team, and all of FourKites
- Can balance working with urgency and focus with methodological rigor and adapt as needed for the situation
- You’ve built or scaled research platforms, systems, or programs at your workplace
Named one of Forbes’ Next Billion-Dollar Startups, FourKites is on a mission to transform the world’s supply chains with the most powerful technology on the planet. With a customer base that includes 18 of the top-20 food and beverage companies and nine of the top-10 CPG companies, the company combines the largest network of real-time logistics data with machine learning to help its customers lower costs, improve on-time performance and strengthen end-customer relationships. We are a customer-obsessed organization, wholeheartedly committed to helping our customers succeed and drive long-term value.
The empathy we exhibit with our customers applies internally, as well. At FourKites, a positive work culture is a priority, and team members benefit from structured employee development plans, mentorship and training programs, quarterly review and promotions processes, affinity group memberships and competitive benefits packages. Click here to learn more about our team and our corporate values.
If you are a California resident, here is our California Applicant Privacy Notice.